Scope of Position:
Under the direction and supervision of the Registered Staff and as a member of the multidisciplinary care team, to provide and assist Residents with daily personal care using a Resident centred model, being aware of the whole persons' emotional, physical, intellectual, cultural and spiritual needs. Position Description:
Requirements Please note, all new hires are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment and must be completed prior to commencing employment. If you are asked to move forward in the recruitment process, any questions or concerns regarding this requirement can be asked at that time. Knowledge and Experience:
- Provide daily personal care for the Residents, using a personal centred model.
- Observe and report any changes in the Resident's needs to the Registered staff.
- Clean specified nursing / Resident equipment.
- Report any maintenance/safety requirements and/or shortages of equipment/supplies required to complete his/her work to the Registered Staff.
- Attend at and/or provide information to the following: interdisciplinary team meetings, Nursing Department meetings and Nursing report sessions with Registered Staff.
- Participate as a team member in providing Resident centred care and service.
- Undertake all duties and responsibilities in compliance with Health and Safety standards, guidelines and legislation.
- Participate in annual mandatory education as per MOHLTC regulations as well as in-service educational opportunities.
- To adhere to infection control policies, procedures, protocols, routines and additional practices as required.
- Maintain awareness (at all times) of emergency procedures; participate in drills and associated educational opportunities.
- Complete required documentation.
- Be aware of and comply with all Corporate and home policies and procedures.
- Maintain confidentiality at all times
Skill and Abilities:
- Grade 12 graduation or equivalent.
- Graduate of the Personal Support Worker Certificate Program.
- Previous experience in a long term care home an asset.
- Gentle Persuasive Approach Certificate would be considered an asset;
- Point Click Care experience an asset.
- Or equivalent to the above, must meet Section 47 of Long Term Care Home Act - Qualifications of Personal Support Workers.
- Good communication skills (both oral and written)
- Good interpersonal skills
- Ability to work collectively and with cooperation to achieve quality care for the Residents of the home and as a team member, accept mutual accountability for the quality of care provided.
- Ability to operate general office equipment, Resident lifting and assistive devices, and general medical equipment.
- Must be aware of safe work practices as they relate to job responsibilities and work environment, and have the basic understanding of the Occupational Health and Safety Act
Permanent Part Time Employee Group:
SEIU 1 Canada Salary:
$24.362 - $25.432 per hour ($1 less per hour for probationary period) Department:
Norview Lodge Division:
Health and Social Services Reports To:
Supervisor, Nursing and Personal Care Location:
Norview Lodge, Simcoe Posting Period:
February 25, 2022 - May 31, 2022
Follow the Workable application process and be advised Workable no longer supports Internet Explorer, you will require Google Chrome or Microsoft Edge:
- Ensure the file extension for your resume document is .doc, .docx or .pdf
- If you are electing to include a cover letter, the cover letter and resume must be uploaded as 1 file.
The Corporation of Norfolk County is an equal opportunity employer. Accessibility accommodations are available for all parts of the recruitment process. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance.
Successful applicants are required to provide the Employer with a current Criminal Record Check, including a Vulnerable Sector where required and verification of education.
Thank you for your interest in this position. Only those to be interviewed will be contacted.