Assistant Director of Nursing - RN
Permanent Full Time
Hastings Manor has an opening for one (1) permanent full time Assistant Director of Nursing - RN. This is a non-union position and reports to the Director of Nursing. The primary function of this position is to assist the Director of Nursing with the administration of total nursing services including supervising, planning, organizing, directing, coordinating and evaluating.
- Daily supervision of nursing team in compliance with accepted nursing practices, including the requirement to complete five (5) evening / night shifts per month.
- Conduct or participate in Nursing Department interviews, orientations, evaluations and disciplinary procedures.
- Ensure annual in-service programs are provided and encourage the continuing development of the nursing team.
- Liaise with the registered team regarding the medical care of residents and keep the Director of LTC, Medical Director/Attending Physicians informed of health conditions of the residents.
- Ensure that appropriate resident care plans are developed and revised quarterly, or as necessary.
- Ensure that all residents receive optimum nursing care which is in compliance with Nursing Policies and Procedures and best practice guidelines.
- Provide verbal and regular written reports on the department’s operations to the Director of Nursing on a monthly basis.
- Liaise with all managers and multidisciplinary team to ensure holistic and quality care
- Promote positive team member and resident relations, and liaise effectively with families/POAC and outside agencies and address concerns in a timely manner
- Assist with the preparation of the Nursing Department budget and ensure effective control of the budget
- Ensure that nursing service receive supplies as needed and ensure effective control of the use of supplies.
- Assess all new resident applications from the LHIN and ensure resident suitability and ability to provide appropriate services.
- Assist in the development and updating of evidence-based Nursing Policies and Procedures in accordance with best practice guidelines and participate in relevant nursing research.
- Provide a lead role in the management of both the Wound Care Program and the Incontinence Program for the home.
- Monitor, enforce and ensure compliance of infection control practices in accordance with established infection control guidelines.
- Participate in or take a lead role in committees and departmental meetings.
- Supervise in accordance with and follow the Occupational Health and Safety Act and County Policies.
- Ensure all employee incidents are documented, investigated and submitted to the Administrative Associate.
- Immediately report and document all incidents of alleged, suspected or witnessed abuse or neglect of a resident in accordance with County policies and the Ministry of Long Term Care Act, 2007.
- Be aware of and follow emergency response procedures including all practice drills.
- Be accountable for the delivery of high quality, safe and reliable care along with a safe work environment to ensure and protect the health and safety of those who use and deliver the programs and services provided by Hastings Manor.
- Other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
- Registered Nurse with current Certificate of Competence in Ontario.
- Four to six years Nursing experience in a managerial/supervisory role.
- Superior planning and management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to supervise a large number of staff providing various levels of nursing care.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and demonstrate sound decision making, time management and administrative skills.
- Ability to prioritize and work efficiently and accurately to meet deadlines in a fast paced environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills, patience and oral and written communication skills to effectively communicate with residents, the public, staff and external service providers.
- Capacity to create an environment conducive to the well-being of the residents.
Other Considerations/Enhanced Qualifications:
- B.Sc.N. Degree
- Certificate of Gerontology or other post RN education in the field of gerontology
- Certification / courses in Advanced Wound Care would be preferred.
- Nursing Management/Leadership courses
- Experience in Long Term Care and applied knowledge of relevant legislation
Salary Range: $98,592-$108,116 per annum, with excellent fringe benefits
Hours of Work: Monday-Friday, Days, 37.5 hour/week
Expected to work up to 5 evening or night shifts per month
Participate in taking on-call rotation (1 in 3 weeks)
CLOSING DATE: Friday, April 29, 2022 by 4pm
Please forward applications to: email@example.com
Please quote “2022-NON-HM-124 – “your name” in the subject line
In accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act, personal information collected will be used only for the purposes of this employment opportunity.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position; however, only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
The County of Hastings is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes. Please contact us if you require this posting in an alternate format. If contacted for an employment opportunity, please advise Human Resources if you require accommodation.