Are you an individual that has a passion for making a difference?
At Champlain Long Term Care Residence we are passionate about 'Making Every Moment Matter." We are seeking a candidate that shares our values - a person who has a passion to make a difference, who has a strong moral compass and has a commitment to teamwork.
At Champlain Long Term Care Residence, we are passionate about providing compassionate care for families' loved ones, where the residents of our home come before anything else. Our values follow a 'People' focused philosophy, Participation ~ Excellence ~ Openness ~ Performance ~ Longevity ~ Efficient Use of Resources. This philosophy can be seen in every aspect and level of our home. A day in the role as a registered nurse at Champlain Long Term Care Residence
As a Registered Nurse at Champlain Long Term Care Residence, you will report to the Director of Care and will be a part of our family like nursing team. As a Registered Nurse you are expected to coordinate and oversee all aspects of resident focused delivery of care. You would also be expected to provide direct supervision, leadership, and education to other members of the health care team. Acts as a resource and advocate for residents, families, and staff. Register Nurses should also promote the values, goals, and philosophy of the Home. Other responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Development and modification of the care plans in response to residents' change in status
- Liaises with other health care personnel, agencies and families
- Maintains good relationships with Medical/Support/Home, staff, residents, families and general public
- Supervises all activities on his/her unit, takes charge as required
- Monitors performance and completes performance evaluation for the PSW's
- Directs, assigns and evaluates the work of the PSW's
- May be in charge of Home as required. Utilizes leadership skills to identify problems and problem- solving on the unit
- Monitors that care is delivered is consistent with the resident Bill of Rights.
- Required to understand the nature and meaning of quality indicators used by the Home and to understand which indicators are publicly reported.
- Required to participate in the improvement of the indicators and achieve satisfactory results.
- Orders and ensures nursing supplies and equipment are properly and efficiently used
- Conducts unit rounds at the beginning and end of shift.
- Administers medications and treatments in compliance with the policies of the Pharmacy provider, the Home and the Standard of the College of Nurses. Documents and reports all errors and omissions
- Maintains accurate and complete records of nursing observations and care in compliance with the legislative requirements and the policies of the Home
- Assesses changes in health status and reports changes to Substitute Decision Maker (SDM) and interdisciplinary team
- Completes assessments (RAI-MDS and other assessments) develops and updates plans of care for each resident in collaboration with the resident and/or SDM and the interdisciplinary team.
- Other duties as assigned and or indicated in Job Task Inventory
At Champlain Long Term Care Residence we take pride in our employees, so your qualifications are important to us. Your qualifications give us a chance to get to know you and see if we are a good fit for each other. The qualifications needed to join our family at Champlain Long Term Care Residence are as follows:
Why work with us?
- Bilingual - French and English
- French Speaking Preferred
- Current Certificate of Competence with the College of Nurses of Ontario as Registered Nurse
- Basic CPR
- Experience in long term care setting an asset
- Ability to work with and relate to interdisciplinary team members
- Well-developed written and oral communication skills
- Knowledge of RAI-MDS - AIS certified, if not must be completed successfully within one (1) year of being hired.
- Must have a clear vulnerable sector screen, no older than 6 months, TB test results less than 6 months old, evidence of flu shot, must be able to provide three work references.
- Champlain Long Term Care Residence recognizes the importance of immunization to protect our residents, staff and others from COVID-19. As such, subject to any accommodation required by applicable human rights legislation, it will be a condition of employment that all new hires have received both doses of a COVID-19 vaccine approved by Health Canada, and a booster.
Working with us at Champlain Long Term Care Residence provides a way to make a difference in someone's life every single day, and an opportunity to make every moment matter. We as an organization are committed to providing our employees with everything they need to be successful, such as support that allows our employees to grow and prosper.
We also provide competitive salaries and benefits packages. This position is casual, so candidates must be available to work evenings and weekends, as well as a variety of shifts. Schedules will be provided. How to apply?
Please submit a resume, cover letter, and references. We look forward to speaking with you, and making every moment count!
Our organization takes the accessibility needs of employees and candidates with disabilities into account during the position summary review process. Employees and candidates are required to notify their Director/Manager/Supervisor or Hiring Manager if they have any particular accessibility needs and the organization will work with the employee to address them. This Home is a French Designated Long Term Care Residence