Home Care Assistance GTA West is looking to add a new Home Health Aide to join our team in Oakville and Burlington. The Home Health Aide will assist residents in a community setting with all daily activities.Shifts: 4 to 12 hours per visit between 8 AM and 8 PM, Weekday and alternate weekendsMain responsibilities:
- Assist clients with the personal care tasks of daily living, including skincare, haircare, mouth care, bathing, bowel and bladder care, positioning and movement, basic wound care, feeding (including special diets)
- Assist with ambulating and mobilization of the patient
- Perform other related housekeeping tasks as indicated in the individualized written client service plan.
- Practice universal precautions and adhere to WHMIS protocols.
- Recognize and report safety concerns or equipment malfunction in the home environment and act accordingly to meet the safety and the protection needs of the Client.
- Able to establish communication with appropriate sources in response to emergency
- Observe, document and report any emotional or physical changes in the Client's condition to the Client Care Manager/Supervisor
• Health Care Aide Certification or PSW certification is preferred.
• CPR/First Aid
• Vulnerable Sector Check Police Clearance
• Valid Driver's License and reliable vehicle.
• Excellent communication and organizational skills - English fluency
• Ability to work independently with little to no supervision
Powered by JazzHR