NURSE PRACTITIONER, MEDICINE PROGRAM - CORTELLUCCI VAUGHAN SITETemporary Full Time (For Approx. 12 months)There's never been a better time to join Mackenzie Health! Mackenzie Health's two hospitals - Mackenzie Richmond Hill Hospital and Cortellucci Vaughan Hospital - and our community-based locations provide the ultimate in care to our community. We have opportunities available. Ultimately, this is where you want to be.
The Nurse Practitioner (NP) as an autonomous health professional with advanced education provides essential health services grounded in professional, ethical and legal standards. The Medicine Nurse Practitioner integrates in-depth knowledge of advanced nursing practice and theory, health management, health promotion, disease/injury prevention, and other relevant biomedical and psychosocial theories to provide comprehensive health services. The Nurse Practitioner works in collaboration with clients and other health-care providers in the provision of high-quality patient-centered care. Works with diverse client populations and patient care functions, in a variety of contexts, across a multi-sited facility.
The RN (EC) has an expanded scope of practice that includes a range of diagnoses, prescribing a range of drugs and ordering a range of diagnostic tests. The RN (EC) role will encompass the full scope of advanced nursing practice blended with expanded functions including medical directives.What must you have?
What else do you bring?
- Registered with the College of Nurses of Ontario as an Extended Class RN and is a member in good standing.
- Minimum of 5 years of recent clinical experience in Medicine required.
- Membership in the Nurse Practitioner Association of Ontario preferred.
- National certification in Medical/Surgical or Gerontology Nursing from the Canadian Nurses Association required.
- Advanced clinical knowledge of current best practices in caring for medicine patients.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience of theories guiding adult learning principles and principles guiding health promotion activities.
- Demonstrated knowledge of planning, developing and implementing education initiatives for health care providers and community members.
- Experience in Case Management preferred.
- Embraces a philosophy of patient and family centered care.
- Demonstrates leadership in clinical excellence.
- Assesses and provides services to clients, families and communities.
- Provides comprehensive health services encompassing:
- Identification and management of chronic stable conditions.
- Prevention of disease and injuries.
- Health promotion and education.
- Continuity of care.
- Support services.
- Advanced nursing assessment skills and sound knowledge of clinical therapeutics.
- Effective patient/family counseling skills.
- Excellent organizational, critical appraisal and analytical skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- High level of initiative and self-direction.
- Exemplary interpersonal and communications skills.
- Computer literacy in a Windows environment utilizing Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook at a senior level.
- Proven attendance record.
- Demonstrates understanding and complies with patient and staff safety policies and procedures that foster a safe and inclusive environment for all.
- Ability to perform the essential duties of the job.
- Effectively uses empathy in interactions with others.
- Demonstrates behaviours consistent with Mackenzie Health's Commitment to Caring.
- Models behaviour that is aligned with the values of Mackenzie Health - Excellence, Leadership and Empathy.
- Commitment to providing an exceptional experience for staff and clients within a challenging and exciting health care environment.
* This position is represented by ONA
*You may be required to work at any site of Mackenzie Health
Mackenzie Health is an inclusive and equal opportunity employer committed to providing accommodations for applicants upon request at any stage of the recruitment process in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) and the Ontario Human Rights Code. FOR EXTERNAL APPLICANTS:
As a condition of employment, you are required to submit proof of full COVID-19 vaccination to Mackenzie Health's Occupational Health and Safety department.