Registered Practical Nurse - Operating RoomTemporary Part Time (approximately 12 months) There's never been a better time to join Mackenzie Health! Mackenzie Health's two hospitals - Mackenzie Richmond Hill Hospital and Cortellucci Vaughan Hospital - and our community-based locations provide the ultimate in care to our community. We have opportunities available. Ultimately, this is where you want to be.
As a Registered Practical Nurse, you'll use a patient- and family-centred approach in providing holistic, quality and safe care to patients within the scope of practice identified by the College of Nurses of Ontario, evidence-based nursing practices and the standards set by Mackenzie Health. Working independently and collaboratively as part of the interprofessional care team, you'll contribute to creating a world-class health experience for patients and their families, by demonstrating professionalism at every turn, upholding our values of excellence, leadership and empathy, and exemplifying our Commitment to Caring.Contribute to safe, quality care by
What must you have?
- Managing a workload effectively in a fast-paced environment.
- Addressing and resolving issues in a productive, respectful manner.
- Exercising sound professional judgment and using best practice guidelines.
- Contributing to a safe, inclusive environment for all through compliance with patient and staff safety policies and procedures.
What else do you bring?
- Practical Nurse Diploma from an approved nursing program preferred.
- Current Certificate of Registration in the General Class with the College of Nurses of Ontario required.
- If graduated prior to 1995, medication administration certificate from an approved community college required.
- Current Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS) certification
- Graduation from a perioperative certification course, or completion of the classwork/curriculum components of the perioperative certification course
Preferably, your profile also includes:
- At least 1 year of recent nursing experience (within the past 3 years) working as a Registered Practical Nurse in an acute care setting
- Experience working with electronic medical records.
- Familiarity with the Regulated Health Professions Act, Occupational Health and Safety Act, WHMIS, and the Standards of Practice of the College of Nurses of Ontario.
- Excellent interpersonal, listening, and verbal and written communication skills in English, with an ability to deliver information and work effectively with patients, families and colleagues.
- Demonstrated strong decision-making, problem-solving and critical thinking skills.
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative and adjust to new or unexpected events.
- Demonstrated commitment to continuous learning and professional development.
*This position is represented by OPSEU Service *You may be required to work at any site of Mackenzie Health *FOR EXTERNAL APPLICANTS: As a condition of employment, you are required to submit proof of full COVID-19 vaccination to Mackenzie Health's Occupational Health and Safety department.
- One year relevant O.R experience.
- Member of the Registered Practical Nurses' Association of Ontario (RPNAO)/Canadian Nurses Association (CNA).
- Certification with CNA.
- Recent completion of a physical assessment course.
- Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS)
- Ability to speak a second language.
Mackenzie Health is an inclusive and equal opportunity employer committed to providing accommodations for applicants upon request at any stage of the recruitment process in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) and the Ontario Human Rights Code.