We are looking for a Personal Support Worker to work from 6 to 12 hours daily with our private client in their residence. Essential Functions:
- Personal Care
- Provide assistance with dressing, grooming, shaving, hygiene, ambulation, safe use of equipment and assistive devices (wheelchair, walker, crutches, cane), help with walks, help with breakfast, lunch and dinner.
- Provide companionship and respite services
- High school graduate or equivalent certificate
- Successful completion of a Provincial-approved Personal Support Worker, Certified Nurse Aide or Health Care Aide course, or equivalent is an asset.
- Meets passing criteria on PSW skills test.
- Meets passing criteria on DEARS test (Drugs and Ethics test)
- Ability to read, write, speak, and understand English as needed for the job
- Possess a valid driver's license and have use of an insured automobile or access to adequate transportation for the job
This job description is used as a guide only and not inclusive of responsibilities and job duties.
By selecting the positions below, you acknowledge that you are applying for employment with an independently owned and operated ComForCare franchisee, a separate company and employer from ComForCare and any of its affiliates or subsidiaries. You understand that each independent franchisee is solely responsible for all decisions relating to employment including (and without limitation to) hiring and termination, and ComForCare does not accept, review or store my application. Any questions about your application or the hiring process must be directed to the locally owned and operated ComForCare franchisee.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Disability/Veteran.