Registered Nurse/ Assistant Director of Care
Exciting developmental opportunity available for a Registered Nurse who is interested in learning the management side of long-term care while still being able to provide on-the-floor care to our residents!
This is a new role to our Home and will be a member of our management team. We see this as an opportunity for someone who is interested in progressing to a full-time management role but may not yet be ready to take that full leap into management – it gives you the best of both worlds… management training, and the ability to continue to provide the day-to-day nursing/ resident care duties.
In this hybrid role, you will spend part of your time in your RN capacity, provide professional nursing care to our residents, and then the remainder of your time will be spent in the role of ADOC, assisting the Director of Care and our full-time ADOC with the oversight of all nursing care within the Home. We anticipate the role will work 6 shifts RN/ 4 shifts ADOC in each two-week period.
RN duties will include: assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating the care for each resident, performing personal nursing care as well as palliative care (when required), communicating with resident family members and being an effective liaison with our medical director and attending physicians.
Your ADOC responsibilities will include: working closely with our DoC and the full-time ADOC in providing effective supervision of front-line clinical staff, ensure care meets compliance requirements, assist in identifying areas of improvement for staff development and work with the DOC to ensure overall effectiveness of training.
What You Will Bring to Us:
- University degree (BSc Nursing), or equivalent
- Registration in good standing as a Registered Nurse (RN) with the College of Nurses of Ontario.
- Comprehensive knowledge of nursing and health care practices and techniques in long-term care.
- Desire to learn and grow, and a passion to become a member of our management team
- Leadership/ team building/ coaching skills – you know how to bring out the best in others!
- Must be courteous and tactful when dealing with residents, family members, staff members and visitors.
- Ability to demonstrate technological proficiency
- Adept at working independently and as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
- Must be willing to work the hours necessary to ensure the effective operation of the facility and be prepared to respond to emergent situations.
- Current and clean Vulnerable Sector Check (including a Criminal Background Check)
- As mandated by the Ministry of Health & Long-Term Care, all workers are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19
What We Offer to You:
- Competitive wages, Health Benefits, Paid vacation, OMERS pension plan
- A great team to work with as well an exceptional nursing team to be a part of and lead
- A management team that listens and a place you can be proud to work
Eastholme is a 128-bed Home for the Aged located in the municipality of Powassan. The Home is supported by 14 municipalities in the territorial district of Parry Sound East and is operated by the Board of Management. The Board of Management is appointed by the municipalities and includes 2 provincial appointees.
Eastholme is committed to providing quality long-term care service to the residents of the Home, and as one of the largest employers in the district, we offer a variety of career opportunities. We provide care and services to our residents and community clients with compassion and ensure they are treated with respect and dignity.
We are a staff of approximately 200, each one of us passionate about what we do and the residents we serve.
Apply for Registered Nurse/ Assistant Director of Care
Already uploaded your Resume? Sign in to apply instantly