Assistant Director of Care (ADOC)
An internal promotion has created a need for a new Assistant Director of Care!
Under the direction of the Director of Care (DOC), this role is responsible for assisting in the management and oversight of all nursing care within the Home to ensure the safe and effective delivery of resident care in accordance with the Long-Term Care Homes Act (LTCHA), the Residents’ Bill of Rights, applicable legislation and regulations, Eastholme’s Policies & Procedures, and in accordance with individual plans of care for residents.
The ADOC will provide effective supervision of front-line clinical staff by maintaining an active presence on the units, to ensure care meets compliance requirements. As a member of the management team, the ADOC will assist in identifying areas of improvement for staff development and work with the DOC to ensure overall effectiveness of training.
This role will also aide the DOC in providing supervision and guidance to the RAI-MDS Coordinator.
What You Will Bring to Us:
- University degree in Bachelor of Science in Nursing, or equivalent
- Registration in good standing as a Registered Nurse (RN) with the College of Nurses of Ontario.
- Minimum of three (3) years managerial experience in a health care setting.
- Comprehensive knowledge of nursing and health care practices and techniques in long-term care.
- Knowledge of the Long-Term Care Homes Act, Occupational Health and Safety practices and Employment Standards Act principles and legislation, and any other applicable legislation.
- Demonstrated skills in leadership, team building, coaching and organizational development
- Excellent customer service and communication skills with exceptional organizational, problem solving and decision-making skills
- Must be courteous and tactful when dealing with residents, family members, staff members and visitors.
- Adept at working independently and as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
- Must be willing to work the hours necessary to ensure the effective operation of the facility and be prepared to respond to emergent situations.
- Must provide a complete and current (within six months) Vulnerable Sector Check (including a Criminal Background Check) or be willing to obtain one.
- As mandated by the Ministry of Health & Long-Term Care, all workers are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19
What We Offer to You:
- Competitive wages ($45.00 – $48.06 per hour based on a 40-hour work week)
- Health Benefits, Paid vacation, OMERS pension plan
- A great team to work with as well an exceptional nursing team to lead
- A management team that listens
- A place you can be proud to work
Eastholme is a 128-bed Home for the Aged located in the municipality of Powassan. The Home is supported by 14 municipalities in the territorial district of Parry Sound East and is operated by the Board of Management. The Board of Management is appointed by the municipalities and includes 2 provincial appointees.
Eastholme is committed to providing quality long-term care service to the residents of the Home, and as one of the largest employers in the district, we offer a variety of career opportunities. We provide care and services to our residents and community clients with compassion and ensure they are treated with respect and dignity.
We are a staff of approximately 200, each one of us passionate about what we do and the residents we serve.
Apply for Assistant Director of Care (ADOC)
Already uploaded your Resume? Sign in to apply instantly