Chief Nursing Information Officer-91545
Health Information Technology Services (HITS) is a service based business unit delivering healthcare IT solutions to Hamilton Health Sciences and various healthcare partners. The HITS team uses technical expertise to offer practical, sustainable and high quality solutions to the Hospital, support HHS in achieving our vision of Best Care for All.
The Chief Nursing Information Officer (CNIO) provides clinical and administrative leadership and direction in the planning, delivery, and implementation of information systems used in the clinical environment. The CNIO is responsible for leading nursing and allied health adoption of clinical information technologies and systems, coordinating CI/ICT projects to address nursing/allied health needs and works to implement process changes that promote best practices in patient care. The CNIO is a nursing leader with both clinical and healthcare management experience who has knowledge and skill in managing change and is able to translate clinical needs to the ICT and CI teams. The CNIO is skilled in articulating nursing and allied health ICT/CI needs and works in partnership with the Chief Information Officer, CMIO, VP Quality and CNE, Director of Clinical Informatics and HHS Senior Leadership to lead the adoption of these technologies and clinical practice changes.
Schedule Work Hours
Monday to Friday days
• Nursing degree (Undergraduate degree)
• Minimum 10 years of Clinical experience
• Minimum 5 years Clinical Operations experience
• 2-5 years Leadership experience
• 1-2 years Informatics/Technical experience
• A contemporary clinician who understands major trends in healthcare
• Experience as a nursing leader in an acute care hospitals
• Interest in quality improvement and utilization management
• Established track record of accomplishments in management, particularly involving successful, collaborative work with clinical leadership
• A strong leader with a mature sense of priorities and solid practical experience to implement the vision for the organization.
• Experience in leading transformational change
• Demonstrated experience with clinical information systems implementation and their use.
• Experience with implementation of evidence based practice models in clinical settings
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills who can handle a diversity of personalities and interact effectively with people at all levels of the organization.
• An influencer who is able to engage others to move towards a common objective
• Systems thinker who has the ability to analyze and synthesize complex data and materials. He/she has strong formal and informal leadership skills, thrives in a complex management model and has a collaborative leadership style.
• An individual who can lead in a complex environment, has a high tolerance for ambiguity and can work successfully in a matrix management model
• A leader with systems/process review experience with strong organizational skills
• An effective leader who is adaptable and has a strong collaborative management style.
• A creative thinker with high energy and enthusiasm.
$36.53 - $81.45 per hour
Please Apply On Our HHS Careers Webpage
Job Posting Number 91545
Equal Opportunity Employer
Hamilton Health Sciences fosters a culture of patient and staff safety, whereby all employees are guided by our Mission, Vision, Values, and Values Based Code of Conduct. Hamilton Health Sciences is a teaching hospital and all staff and physicians are expected to support students and other learners.
To be considered for this opportunity applicants must apply during the posting period. All internal and external applicants may ONLY apply via the Careers website.
Hamilton Health Sciences is an equal opportunity employer and we will accommodate any needs under the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedom, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code. Hiring processes will be modified to remove barriers to accommodate those with disabilities, if requested. Should any applicant require accommodation through the application processes, please contact HR Services at 905-521-2100, Ext. 46947 for assistance. If the applicant requires a specific accommodation because of a disability during an interview, the applicant will need to advise the hiring manager when scheduling the interview and the appropriate accommodations can be made.
This competition is open to all qualified applicants, however, qualified internal applicants will be considered first. Past performance will be considered as part of the selection process. If you are a previous employee of Hamilton Health Sciences, please note: the circumstances around an employee's exit will be considered prior to an offer of employment
Proficiency in both Official Languages, French and English, is considered an asset
If this position is temporary, selection for this position will be as per the outlined Collective Agreements:
Article 30 (k), CUPE Collective Agreement
Article 10.7 (d), ONA Collective Agreement
Article 13.01 (b) (ii), OPSEU 273 Collective Agreement
Article 14.04, OPSEU 209 Collective Agreement
Article 2.07 and Article 13, PIPSC RT Collective Agreement