Full Time Registered Nurse (6 positions available)
POSITION: Full Time Registered Nurse (6 positions available)
DEPARTMENT/CAMPUS: N. Medicine Oncology - Brampton Civic Hospital
HOURS: Currently Days/Nights 12 hours including weekends and statutory holidays
(Subject to change in accordance with operational requirements)
HOW YOU WILL MAKE AN IMPACT: The Registered Nurse (RN) is a regulated health care professional who is accountable and responsible for providing quality patient focused nursing care to patients in the Oncology and Palliative Care Unit. As part of the inter-professional health care team, the RN will practice according to the nursing practice expectations set by William Osler Health System, the regulatory practice standards of the College of Nurses and the legislative requirements set by the Regulated Health Professions Act (RHPA).
• Current registration, and in good standing, with the College of Nurses of Ontario
• Sound knowledge of nursing process, theory, and responsibilities to the nursing profession
• BCLS required
• Demonstrated excellent interpersonal, communication, problem-solving, conflict-resolution and decision-making skills required
• Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively as a member of an inter-professional team
• Demonstrated knowledge of patient and family-centred care
• Demonstrated experience with patient and family health teaching required
• Demonstrated leadership and facilitation skills required
• Demonstrated excellent customer service, organizational and critical-thinking skills required
• Demonstrated commitment to continuous learning and professional development as it applies to the profession and related field
• Demonstrated ability to work in a stressful and fast paced environment
• Exemplary clinical practice within an inter-professional team to develop appropriate strategies for patient care
• Ability to prioritize patient care needs and make autonomous decisions
• Excellent physical assessment skills required
• Ability to promote a healthy work environment and practice excellent Client Safety guidelines
• Knowledge and understanding of the Occupational Health and Safety Act
• Must demonstrate Osler Values of Respect, Excellence, Accountability, Diversity, Innovation
• May be required to travel and work between all Osler campuses
• Excellent attendance, punctuality and work record
• Knowledge and understanding of information systems and technology
THE ONCOLOGY & PALLIATIVE CARE RN IS RESPONSIBLE FOR:
• Safe nursing practice in all aspects of the nursing process: Assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of patient care
• Compliance with policies and procedures associated with observations
• Professional, patient-centred care to ensure patient safety and physiological and psychological well-being, associated with creating a therapeutic relationship and environment
• Providing care in a compassionate and caring manner within a diverse cultural environment.
• Practicing according to the infection control and prevention measures.
• Responding to emergency situations by recognizing changes in patient's health status and consulting appropriately when necessary using Transfer of Accountability principles
• Providing health teaching to patients and families including thorough discharge instructions to ensure the continuity of care in the community
• Experience within the last 5 years in Palliative and Oncology Nursing experience required
• Palliative Care Certificate or Certified Hospice Palliative Care Nurse (CHPCH) certificate required
• Foundation in Oncology Nursing Practice course required
• Provincial standardized Chemotherapy and Biotherapy course required
• Certified in Oncology Nursing Canada (CONC) preferred
• Foundations of Oncology for Emergency Nurses course required, or successful completion within one (1) year of hire
Your community thanks you for considering this role.
Joining Osler now is a chance to immerse yourself in a culturally diverse, collaborative, and innovative environment. You will play a key role building out a healthcare program that addresses the needs of people from all over the world and all levels of income, experiencing minor and life threatening injuries and diseases. As a major hospital system, we are home to some of the biggest specialty and emergency departments in the country and you will broaden your expertise, increase your knowledge and your own adaptability, and gain endless opportunities for growth.
Come live our values - Respect, Excellence, Innovation, Service, Compassion and Collaboration - with us.
Osler values inclusivity and diversity in the workplace. We welcome and encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds. We are committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. (AODA). If you require an accommodation at any stage of the recruitment process, please notify Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org.
While we thank all applicants, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Any information obtained during the course of recruitment will be used for employment recruitment purposes only, and not for any other purpose
* In order to be considered for this position, you must include a current resume with your on-line application www.williamoslerhs.ca under posting number OSLER16900 with updated resume.