DEPARTMENT: COMMUNITY MENTAL HEALTH AND ADDICTIONS
POSITION: ONE (1) PERMANENT FULL TIME NURSE PRACTITIONER
SITE: NBRHC COMMUNITY SITE – KING STREET CAMPUS (NORTH BAY)
HOURS: ALL SHIFTS AS REQUIRED
Reporting to the Manager of Mental Health and Addictions at the King Street campus, the Nurse Practitioner will work in collaboration with the interdisciplinary team to provide support to individuals with mental health and/or addiction concerns. The NP will liaise closely with physicians to ensure effective care and will offer their clinical expertise by overseeing clients entering into the service who require medical support.
- Current registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario (CNO) as a Registered Nurse in the Extended Class [RN(EC)] and with a specialty certificate in either Adult or Primary Health Care required
- Current CNA Psychiatric and Mental Health Nursing certification is an asset
- Current BCLS Certificate required
- Recent clinical experience (within last 2 years) in a mental health and/or addictions setting
- Ability to develop and implement basic and advanced educational programs/group material
- Demonstrate competencies related to safe, effective and ethical prescribing
- Experience in addiction medicine and harm reduction
- Ability to work collaboratively to initiate withdrawal management protocols and treatment pathways.
- Demonstrate experience with substance use interventions (i.e. Motivational Interviewing (MI), Stages of Change)
- Demonstrated ability to provide culturally safe care
- Demonstrated critical problem solving and decision making skills
- Collaborate with the team and the client in the development of a plan of care and to assist with the implementation of strategies that promote health and prevent illness
- Ability to respond to urgent or emergent situations as required
- Exemplifies our organizations C.A.R.E. values
- Must be involved in continuing education and demonstrate commitment to quality improvement
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and able to organize and prioritize work load
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively with all members of an Interdisciplinary health care team which includes clients, families and community partners
- Demonstrate excellent interpersonal and communication skills required
- Ability to meet the physical demands required for a community based team
- Must support and contribute to a culture of safety and prevention to ensure the safety of self, fellow workers, patients, volunteers, and visitors
- Excellent attendance and work record required
- Bilingualism (Advanced level English/French) is required. All unilingual candidates are encouraged to apply and may be considered if the identified French requirement has been met or there are no successful bilingual candidates. A formal French test will be conducted to evaluate the proficiency level.
Please note: NBRHC is committed to achieving 100% compliance with its COVID-19 Vaccine Policy. As a result, please be advised that in order to be eligible for employment at the Health Centre, all new hires must be compliant with our COVID-19 Vaccination Policy and must be fully vaccinated prior to commencing employment. To be considered fully vaccinated, an individual must have received the full series of a COVID-19 vaccine or a combination of COVID-19 vaccines approved by the World Health Organization (e.g. two doses of a two-dose vaccine series or one dose of a single-dose vaccine series) and received the final dose of the COVID-19 vaccine at least 14 days ago.
The requirement that successful applicants be fully vaccinated is subject to any accommodation obligations pursuant to the Ontario Human Rights Code.
Criminal Reference Check including the Vulnerable Sector Check:
recent within six (6) months is a requirement
Interested candidates are asked to submit your resume and cover letter with a copy of this job posting with completed qualification checked off ✔ beside each qualification you hold.
Please quote File ONA MH-21-005, Nurse Practitioner to:
50 College Drive
P.O. Box 2500
North Bay, ON P1B 5A4
Fax: (705) 495-7977
We are an equal opportunity employer. We thank all applicants for their interest.
An acknowledgement will be sent only to those candidates who will be interviewed.
North Bay Regional Health Centre is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). If you require an accommodation for disability during any stage of the recruitment process, please indicate this in your application.
Apply for Nurse Practitioner
Already uploaded your Resume? Sign in to apply instantly