Registered School Nurse
Located in the Annex neighbourhood in downtown Toronto, Royal St. George's College is an urban day school for boys that combines academic excellence with a stimulating and supportive environment. RSGC offers a challenging program of academics, athletics, the arts, outdoor education, community outreach and co-curricular activities designed to fulfill our College’s Vision of “lifelong Georgians ready to use their scholarship, compassion, conscience and courage to make a difference.”
We are currently seeking a Registered Nurse (RN) for a contract position to start in January 2022, with part-time or full-time availability until June 2022. The RN will be responsible for the overall health and well-being of students and members of the School community. Reporting directly to the Headmaster, the RN will be a sole practitioner, responsible for providing health care and first aid to students and staff and will be instrumental in supporting the implementation of COVID-19 infection prevention and control protocols and guidelines. The ideal candidate will have experience working in an educational environment, a genuine passion for nursing while demonstrating care, concern and empathy.
- Support the development, communication and delivery of programs to promote overall health and well-being
- Collaborate with other members of the RSGC community
- Work closely with Holland Bloorview to support students recovering from concussions
- Consultation regarding development and implementation of guidelines and protocols for illness prevention and control as it pertains to COVID-19
- Responsible for maintaining health care supplies, medications and up-to-date health records ensuring compliance with applicable legislation
- Responds to health and safety concerns of students and collaborates with members of the Joint Occupational Health & Safety Committee on matters related to faculty and staff
- Manages the education and training of faculty and staff on health related topics and is a primary resource, responding to inquiries in a timely and professional manner
- Liaise with Toronto Public Health, Public Health Ontario and other external agencies as required pertaining to immunization and reportable communicable diseases
- Oversee the prevalent medical condition plans and administration of medications for students (e.g., anaphylaxis, asthma, diabetes, epilepsy)
- Professional and timely communication with families / parents pertaining to the health and well-being of a student with a prevalent medical condition, or any other health concern
- Other duties as required
Experience and Qualifications
- Registered Nurse (minimum of 2 years)
- Good standing with College of Nurses of Ontario (CNO)
- Valid Standard First-Aid and CPR
- Experience in an educational setting preferred
- Knowledge of Toronto Public Health Communicable Disease classifications, Canadian Immunization schedule, childhood disease, stages of adolescent growth and development, preferred
- Ability to apply critical thinking in making health care recommendations and decisions in emergency situations
- Knowledge of, and demonstrated ability to practice in adherence to applicable health related legislation
- Mental Health First-Aid certified would be an asset
RSGC offers a supportive work environment and a competitive compensation package. If you are interested in working in a dynamic educational environment fostering excellence in boys’ education, please email a cover letter and resume as soon as possible to the attention of Stephen Beatty, Headmaster, Royal St. George’s College at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank all candidates in advance.
We will, however, contact only those selected for an interview.
We are an equal opportunity employer.
Accommodations are available upon request for candidates
with a disability taking part in the hiring process.
Apply for Registered School Nurse
Already uploaded your Resume? Sign in to apply instantly