CALLING ALL RNs, DO YOU WANT $10,000??
We have partnered with Ontario Health and the Community Commitment Program for Nurses. They are offering a $10,000 incentive in exchange for a 12-month commitment to our Long Term Care Home. To be eligible for the CCPN you must:
- Not have been employed as a nurse in Ontario in the six (6) months prior to being hired;
- Hold a Certificate of Registration in good standing from the College of Nurses of Ontario;
- Begin employment no later than January 15, 2022;
- Commit to 12 months of employment at a full-time work schedule offered by the employer; and
- Not simultaneously receive funds from the Ministry of Health for the Tuition Support Program for Nurses.
Do you have a passion for making a difference?
We are passionate about ‘Making Every Moment Matter.” We are seeking a candidate that shares our values - a person who has a passion to make a difference, who has a strong moral compass and has a commitment to teamwork.
We are passionate about providing compassionate care for families' loved ones, where the residents of our home come before anything else. Our values follow a ‘PEOPLE’ focused Philosophy, Participation, Excellence, Openness, Performance, Longevity Efficient Use of Resources. This philosophy can be seen in every aspect and level of our home.
A day in the role as a Registered Nurse
As a Registered Nurse at our Long Term Care Centre, you will report to the Director of Care and will be a part of our family-like nursing team. As a Registered Nurse you will provide care and satisfy the needs of residents at our home, which will reward you every day. This reward will come from the satisfaction you get from knowing you are making a large difference in someone's life. Other responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Conducting resident health assessments,
- Developing and reviewing plans of care in concert with the interdisciplinary team that are individual to each resident,
- Providing care according to the plan of care ensuring that, the psychosocial, physical comfort and safety of residents are met to the greatest possible extent,
- Providing leadership to RPNs and PSWs and performing routine nursing duties to residents,
- Observing and documenting residents conditions,
- Understanding, following and implementing infection prevention and control practices,
- Following legislative requirements and striving for high compliance and quality outcomes
- Notifying the Director of Care of any Health & Safety risks or concerns,
- Maintaining confidentiality of client and corporate information,
- Completing other tasks as requested.
At our Long Term Care Centre we take pride in our employees, so your qualifications are important to us. Your qualifications give us a chance to get to know you and see if we are a good fit for each other. The qualifications needed to join our family are as follows:
- New Grads Welcome!
- Experience in long term care preferred,
- Current registration with CNO,
- Skilled in medication administration, treatment application, subcutaneous and intramuscular injections,
- Knowledge of Nursing Standards by CNO, Ministry of Long Term Care, and Public Health,
- Strong clinical and assessment skills,
- Capable of supervising unregulated staff to ensure quality of care is provided and that residents rights are upheld at all times,
- Knowledge of documentation requirements and care planning process, including computerized documentation,
- Excellent communication skills with residents, families and fellow employees,
- Point Click Care and RAI-MDS experience is an asset
- Must have a clear vulnerable sector screen, no older than 6 months, TB test results less than 6 months old, a negative COVID-19 test within 7 days of hire, evidence of flu shot, must be able to provide three work references.
- Our Long Term Care Home recognizes the importance of immunization to protect our residents, staff and others from COVID-19. As such, subject to any accommodation required by applicable human rights legislation, it will be a condition of employment that all new hires have received both doses of a COVID-19 vaccine approved by Health Canada, 14 days before start date.
Why work with us?
Working with us provides a way to make a difference in someone’s life every single day, and an opportunity to make every moment matter. We as an organization are committed to providing our employees with everything they need to be successful, such as support that allows our employees to grow and prosper.
We also provide competitive salaries and benefits packages. This position is casual, so candidates must be available to work evenings and weekends, as well as a variety of shifts. Schedules will be provided.
How to apply?
Please submit a resume, cover letter, and references. We look forward to speaking with you, and making every moment count!
Our organization takes the accessibility needs of employees with disabilities into account during the position summary review process. Employees are required to notify their director, manager/supervisor if they have any particular accessibility needs and the organization will work with the employee to address them.
Apply for CALLING ALL RNs, DO YOU WANT $10,000??
Already uploaded your Resume? Sign in to apply instantly