- Multiple temporary contract positions available, both full and part-time
- Currently hiring in Hamilton, Burlington, Hagersville
- Negotiable rates that are competitive with the current job market
Since 1984, Responsive Group has been making a difference for seniors by supporting them in a safe, comfortable, and welcoming environment. Currently operating dozens of LTC and retirement homes across Ontario, they’re assembling a team of dedicated healthcare staff who are committed to the wellbeing of residents and each other.
No matter what location you choose to work in, you can have confidence in the support and leadership at Responsive Group homes. If you have a sudden issue and don’t know what to do, you’ll have a supportive, and non-judgmental team behind you.
Transparency and camaraderie are the cornerstones of Responsive Group’s culture; even though healthcare is a policy-driven environment where rules matter, we still find ways to be ourselves, have fun, and make a difference.
RNs serve a range of important functions on our health care team. Whether in a support role or as a supervising charge nurse, RNs provide leadership and guidance to other healthcare staff while ensuring a safe and effective care environment.
Practically speaking, you will:
- Conduct unit rounds at the beginning and end of each shift
- Administer medication and treatments in compliance with the policies of Pharmacy provider, the Home and professional standards
- Attend staff meetings and care plan rounds, admission and annual care reviews with residents, families, and physicians
- Complete RAI-MDS assessments and RAPS in a timely way
- Develop and modify care plans
- Assist in the investigation, documentation, resolution and reporting of complaints and incidents (i.e. suspected abuse)
- Supervise all activities on your unit— you may be in charge of Home as required
- Direct, assign and evaluate the work of the PSWs
- Ensure care delivered is consistent with the Residents’ Bill of Rights
- Order nursing supplies and ensure equipment is used properly and efficiently
- Maintain accurate and complete records of nursing observations and care in compliance with the legislative requirements
Working with Responsive Group
You’ll start out at a competitive wage, commensurate with your skills and experience. Recent grads are welcome to apply.
Several homes have immediate availability for temporary contract roles, both full and part-time. Quality candidates will have opportunities to extend contracts, explore opportunities at new homes, or get converted to permanent positions where available.
Depending on location either straight days, evenings, overnights, or rotating shifts will be available. Those able to work evenings and nights will be given preference as these are the greatest areas of need.
- Current Certificate of Competence with the College of Nurses Ontario as a Registered Nurse
- Basic CPR
- Ability to work with an interdisciplinary team
- Experience in long-term care an asset
- Experience in wound care or other area of specialization would be an asset
- Ability to pass a criminal background check and vulnerable sector screening
- Recent tuberculosis (TB) test, as well as proof of double-vaccination for Covid-19
Applying with Ian Martin
Ian Martin is an established healthcare, IT and engineering hiring firm with over 60 years’ experience connecting talented candidates with meaningful work. When you apply, you’ll get more than just a chance at a great job—you’ll become part of a vast network of employers that are always changing.
We strive to build teams that reflect the diversity of the community we work in and encourage applications from traditionally underrepresented groups such as women, visible minorities, Indigenous peoples, people identifying as LGBTQ2SI, veterans, and people with disabilities.
If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at email@example.com