As a member of our Perioperative Team, the Registered Nurse is responsible for the coordination of daily activities and planning within the O.R. suite. The Registered Nurse is responsible for effectively communicating and working with the multidisciplinary team to meet the unique needs of our patient population and upholds Joseph Brant Hospital’s values while delivering care.
- Current Certificate of Registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario as a Registered Nurse.
- Current BLS certification (Level C).
- Must have current or recent clinical experience of at least two years in Operating Room scrubbing and circulating for General Surgery, Urology, E.N.T, Plastics, Ophthalmology, Orthopaedics, Vascular and Gynaecology.
- Must have completed an accredited Operating Room post diploma course.
- Demonstrated ability to establish priorities and able to cope with pressure and deadlines.
- Demonstrated clinical assessment skills and knowledge in managing the perioperative care of both adult and paediatric patients.
- Demonstrated effective communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to function effectively in a multidisciplinary team.
- Ability to participate in call-back and standby duties.
- Demonstrated reliable attendance, punctuality and availability.
- Demonstrated commitment to quality and patient safety, considers safety of self and co-workers
To apply, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your application, and include the subject heading: OR NURSE
- Additional info: RN Operating room (95kb) (the link will open in a new window)