- $29.25-$42.58/ hour + 13% in lieu of benefits/vac
- Job Category
- Contract type
Central West Specialized Developmental Services (CWSDS) is a leader in providing residential, community participation supports and specialized services, assessment and treatment to individuals who have developmental disabilities, dual diagnosis, and/or challenging behaviours throughout the municipalities of Halton, Peel and Dufferin and the regions of Waterloo and Wellington.
As a specialist in the field of developmental disabilities, CWSDS has experienced continued growth over the last five years. We currently employ over 300 staff covering a wide range of disciplines including clinical specialists such as Psychologist, Psychiatrist, Medical Doctors, Nurses, Occupational Therapists, Speech and Language Pathologist, Board Certified Behaviour Analysts; Developmental Service Workers and Community Resource Workers. Our support team comprised of human resources, finance, maintenance, housekeeping and a comprehensive management team round out our organization.
We are looking to hire a Registered Nurse on a full time, contract basis (10-month contract, approximately).
- Acting as the Registered Nurse for individuals as assigned.
- Providing health teaching and resource material to direct care staff regarding the management of specific diseases and conditions.
- Interpreting the physician’s orders to direct care staff.
- Teaching new techniques, procedures, treatments and skills related to the health needs of the clients.
- Administering treatments and performing procedures that require nursing skills, such as prescribed injections, blood pressure.
- Completing nursing assessments, progress reports and health care plans in accordance with individuals’ health needs.
- Liaising with hospital staff when individuals are admitted on a short-term basis.
- Responding to medical emergencies as required and providing appropriate follow-up
- Monitoring drug therapy in accordance with the physician’s orders and agency policy.
- Maintaining appropriate documentation for individuals assigned.
- Performing delegated medical acts sanctioned by the Ontario College of Nurses.
- Other duties as assigned.
- B. Sc. in Nursing or equivalency, with registration as a Nurse in Ontario.
- Current CPR certificate.
- Proven experience providing professional nursing services to individuals with developmental disabilities including Autism and/or mental health disorders.
- Knowledge of preventative health care and management of psychiatric and behavioural issues.
- Demonstrated ability to work as a member of a clinical team.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office including Word and Excel.
- Very good oral and written communication skills.
- Valid Ontario G Class Driver’s License and a vehicle for conducting visits and other related activities.
LOCATION: Oakville, some travelling required across Halton Region.
More search results
Unit Assistant - TPT 0.3 - Nursing Resource Team
Registered Nurse - CAS - Nursing Resource Team (x…
Registered Nurse - FT - Nursing Resource Team (x2)
Chief Nursing Officer