Clinical Resource - Team Lead (Part-Time Contractor Role)
Wawanesa Mutual Insurance is one of the largest property and casualty insurers in Canada with $3 billion in annual revenues and assets of more than $9 billion. Wawanesa Mutual, founded in 1896 with executive offices in Winnipeg, is the parent company of Wawanesa General, which offers property and casualty insurance in California and Oregon, and Wawanesa Life, which distributes life insurance products and services throughout Canada. With over 3,500 employees, Wawanesa proudly serves over two million policyholders through nine regional offices and 41 service offices in Canada and the United States. Wawanesa actively gives back to organizations that strengthen communities where it operates, donating well above internationally recognized benchmarks for excellence in corporate philanthropy.
We are currently looking for a dedicated, driven, and enthusiastic professional who thrives in an environment that welcomes change and is looking to play an important role in shaping a newly created Clinical resource team, while contributing to the future of case management in the Accident Benefit department at Wawanesa Mutual Insurance .
As a leader of a small multi-disciplinary clinical team of health clinicians, you will provide leadership as they provide clinical advice and information to the adjusters of the Accident Benefit department at Wawanesa for effective case management. Integral to leadership will be the delivery of clinical advice at the case level and at a strategic level. Management functions will include planning and directing the operation of the Clinical Resource Team and responsibility for workload management within the Team.
- Structure and manage the multi-disciplinary health team to provide; ongoing clinical advice on a case by case basis to the regional Accident Benefits’ team on their clinical queries.
- Provide leadership and professional guidance to multi-disciplinary clinical team
- Provide evidence-based advice within clinical scope of practice, both at a strategic and case level as described in the Clinical Resource Team job description
- Proactively identify where changes in regulatory regimes may have an impact on the role of the team or delivery of services to Wawanesa staff and customers
- Experienced Clinician with a minimum 5 – 10 years’ experience within the 3rd party payer industry including clinical and management roles
- Experience as a coach to clinical staff with demonstrated ability to align job activities with the achievement of organizational goals
- Strong oral & written communication, and organizational skills, along with a commitment to outstanding customer service
- Current in best practices for injury treatment, outcome measurement and return to work
- Knowledgeable about legal and regulatory topics within the insurance industry, confidentiality of health records legislation, and health professional regulation
- Registered and in good standing with a regulatory college covered by the Regulated Health Professionals Act (RHPA)
- Advanced degree in a relevant health discipline
- Knowledge of the Auto Insurance industry is an asset
If you are interested in this exciting, newly created and challenging position with Wawanesa, apply today with your Resume.
Accommodations are available as needed for all applicants