- Haldimand and Norfolk Counties
- $43.46 - $50.38
- Job Category
- Contract type
In adherence with the Mission, Vision, Values and organizational goals of Community Addiction and Mental Health Services of Haldimand and Norfolk (CAMHS), as a primary care Nurse Practitioner, this role has a primary focus on addressing the needs of those individuals challenged with addiction issues or concurrent disorders including direct primary care assessment and treatment, and advocating for access to healthcare and other appropriate services. The successful applicant will help us further the development of the CAMHS Mobile Addiction Outreach Program, have a health promotion role, and liaise with various agencies including the Public Health Unit, hospitals, and GPs.
- Master’s Degree in Nursing (NP) or Registered Nurse- Extended Class.
- Currently a Nurse Practitioner member in good standing with the CNO.
- Current member of the Nurse Practitioner Association of Ontario (NPAO) and/or Registered Nurses Association of Ontario (RNAO).
- Interest and experience in mental health and/or addictions and geriatrics.
- Demonstrated sound knowledge of risk assessments, suicide prevention, principles of crisis theory and intervention, theory and practice of mental health and addictions treatment.
- A good understanding of the Ontario Mental Health Act and knowledge of family and social systems.
- Understanding of the basic use of psychotropic medications, psychiatric diagnosis and formulation of the mental health assessments.
- Demonstrated ability to use non-violent crisis intervention techniques.
- Demonstrated understanding, recognition, and ability to cope with individuals who may have a history of verbal and/or physical responsive (aggressive) behaviours.
- Ability to work collaboratively, flexibly and in partnership with multidisciplinary teams and agencies in the community and the broader health care system.
- Demonstrated excellent interpersonal skills, organizational skills, and clinical acumen.
- Demonstrated ability to use computer programs for data entry of assessments, etc.
- A valid driver’s license and a road worthy vehicle.
Hours of Work:
Monday to Friday
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter and updated resume to the Human Resources Department, or email to CAMHSRESUMES@NGH.ON.CA, referring to the above posting no later than September 22, 2019
All positions will comply and work in conjunction with the Mission, Vision, Goals and Objectives of Community Addiction and Mental Health Services of Haldimand & Norfolk (CAMHS) …partnering for Mental Health and Addiction Wellness
In order to ensure equal opportunities during the recruitment and selection process, CAMHS provides accommodations for applicants with disabilities, upon request.