Occupational Health Nurse
- Hydro One
- Burlington, ON
- Job Category
- Healthcare Services and Wellness
- Contract type
Location: Burlington, ON, CA
Company: Hydro One Networks Inc
Hydro One is proud to be the largest electricity transmission and distribution provider in Ontario, serving nearly 1.4 million customers. We have a long history in the industry with our roots dating back over 110 years to 1906. Since then, we have worked to grow and evolve to meet the changing needs of our customers and communities across Ontario. Today, we’re focused on providing exceptional customer service and ensuring we are building safe communities where we live, work and play.
It’s an exciting time to join the team at Hydro One!
Please note this is a temporary assignment that will be ending on December 20th, 2019 with a strong possibility of being extended.
- Organize, coordinate and implement OHSC Health Services programs.
- Supervise regular, temporary and contract staff needed to carry out this program.
- Function as the management contact for health services with line and maintain liaison with local health units, hospitals, and social agencies.
- Coordinate health education and health promotion programs for employees.
- Perform various tests required for health assessment purposes.
- Provide advice and guidance to the Corporation on occupational health functions health/wellness programs and employee/family assistance programs.
- Maintain contact with outside agencies and health associations to keep up-to-date on occupational nursing practices applicable to Corporation's interests.
- Update and revise OHSC Health Services programs, procedures, processes, communications and forms. This includes developing recommendations for senior management consideration regarding future changes to programs either through Corporate policy or changes to collective agreements.
- Evaluate changes to Health Services programs proposed by line management, other functional groups and unions and make recommendations for senior management consideration.
- Ensure that approved programs, procedures and processes are communicated to and understood by line managers and employees as appropriate.
- Ensure all medical information is treated as confidential, secure and accessible to authorized medical staff.
- Act in a staff advisor capacity to provide advice and support to the Corporate health programs to meet Corporate standards/policies, Occupational Health and Safety Act requirements and the achievement of corporate objectives.
- Provide interpretations on health service policy to line and other forums including grievance/arbitration reviews.
- Provide advice, guidance and assistance to line, including interpretation and explanation of standard practice, or equivalent, with a view to ensuring compliance.
- Provide occupation health consulting services to all organizational units of the company.
- Organize, coordinate and implement the Corporate health program,(facilitating early intervention/return to work, health promotion, job matching and occupational disease prevention) to meet both Corporate and legislative requirements under the Occupational Health and Safety Act (OHSA). Review, assess and recommend changes to existing programs upon approval.
- Provide advice to managers re occupational health needs, standards of practice, training, facilities, equipment and supplies to support these standards.
- Provide recommendations and implement approved Corporate program for Employee/Family Assistance Programs.
- Ensure all OHSC sites have health facilities in place sufficient to meet all legislative requirements.
- Make arrangements to ensure Corporate Audiogram Reviews are carried out.
- Review all abnormal audiograms, make recommendations and referrals.
- Supervise occupational health staff providing health services, and administer the Health Services programs for the Corporation.
- Supervise staff in administering the unit's files for Compensation, Benefits and Health Services.
- Participate with financial and administrative requirements for Compensation, Benefits and Health Services including assembling and provision of budget data for the Health Services program.
- Submit completed budget to Director for review and further processing.
- Participate in the review and update of budget as required and when approved, monitor budget variances and assure the limits are adhered to.
- Develop and ensure accessibility of the medical emergency plan for Head Office complex.
- Participate with nursing groups and associations, such as Ontario Occupational Health Nurses Association (OOHNA), Toronto Occupational Health Nurses and ad hoc committees of OMA when the Corporation's interests are involved.
- Maintain liaison with outside agencies such as the Cancer Society, Lung Association, Addiction Research, Canadian Red Cross, hospitals, etc to keep up-to-date on issues dealing with occupational nursing techniques and methods.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Undergraduate degree in nursing preferred
- Registered with the College of Nurses of Ontario
- 3 years minimum experience working in occupational health nursing
- Member of RNAO and/or OOHNA preferred
- Certified Occupational Health Nurse COHN(c) designation or working towards
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience working in a unionized environment preferred
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience with knowledge of disability management
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in disability case management, absence management including STD, LTD and WSIB case management
- Working knowledge of occupational wellness, ergonomics and safety
- Strong positive communication and interpersonal skills within team and all customers of team
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Demonstrated ability to use Microsoft Office programs
At Hydro One we understand that the success and strength of our business rests with our people. When we develop their skills, we are investing in both their success and ours. To secure the best talent, we seek to create a workforce that reflects the diverse populations of the communities where we live and work and to create a culture based on safety, innovation and inclusiveness.
We are honoured to be recognized by Forbes in its list of Canada’s Best Employers for 2019.
Thank you for considering a career with Hydro One, we welcome applications from all qualified candidates. If you are having difficulty using our online application system and you need an accommodation due to a disability, please email email@example.com. Hydro One will provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities in the job application process.
Deadline: August 2, 2019
More search results
Foot Care Nurse/Registered Nurse/Registered Pract…
Burlington Family Health Team
Consultant, Health Services
Director of Clinical Services
peopleCare Communities Inc.
Provincial Clinical Resource Nurse
Ministry of the Solicitor General
Registered Nurse Case Managers
Beaumont Home Health and Hospice