Regular, Full-Time, Indefinite Term
Ashbury College is a leading independent school for boys and girls, Grades 4 to 12. Our more than 700 day and boarding students, benefit from small class sizes, a respectful environment, technology-enhanced classrooms, and dynamic staff, inspiring them to become intellectually vibrant, compassionate and responsible citizens.
Based in central Ottawa, Ashbury College is currently seeking a full-time School Nurse to provide health and wellness care and counselling for our students. Working in partnership with another full-time nurse and our wellness team, your responsibilities will include:
· Provide emergency first aid or health care to ill or injured students, and determine if additional care is required,
· Plan and implement individual care programs for boarding and day students to address health care concerns,
· Coordinate individual health care plans with outside medical personnel and agencies as needed,
· Develop and deliver health promotion programs to support overall student health and wellbeing,
· Organize, promote, and deliver immunization programs,
· Co-manage the Health Centre operation,
· Plan and implement health and safety initiatives in the college,
· Complete incident reports and maintain timely and accurate student health and immunization records.
As a successful Registered Nurse, you have at least 5 years of generalist experience – preferable in an educational or similar setting - including pediatric care, mental health care, and experience managing a department or clinic. You are an active member in good standing of the College of Nurses of Ontario, and hold current CPR and AED certifications.
If you enjoy providing care to for children and youth, developing long term medical care relationships with patients, providing health and wellness education programs, and networking with other health care professionals, we’d like to hear from you.
Ashbury College provides a competitive compensation and benefits package, modern and well equipped Health Centre, and regular working hours. If you are not familiar with our, international student body, academic excellence, and collaborative and supportive school values and culture, please visit our website at ashbury.ca.
This appointment is effective mid-August 2019.
If you are interested in this position, please forward your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org and quote “School Nurse” in the subject line. The deadline for applications is Friday, July 26, 2019.
Ashbury College is committed to providing accommodations for persons with disabilities. If you require accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs. Please let us know by e-mail to email@example.com, or by calling the College at 613-749-9630 and asking to speak with Human Resources.
More search results
Foot Care Nurse/Registered Nurse/Registered Pract…
Burlington Family Health Team
Consultant, Health Services
Director of Clinical Services
peopleCare Communities Inc.
Provincial Clinical Resource Nurse
Ministry of the Solicitor General
Registered Nurse Case Managers
Beaumont Home Health and Hospice