NOOJMOWIN TEG HEALTH CENTRE
Diabetes Wellness Nurse (1 Year Maternity Leave)
Noojmowin Teg Health Centre invites interested candidates to apply for a full time position of a Diabetes Wellness Nurse, to fill in for a one-year maternity leave. The successful candidate will become a member of the Diabetes Wellness Team comprised of a dietitian, diabetic nurse and foot care nurse, and report to the Primary Care Manager. The Diabetes Wellness Nurse will function within the scope of practice of a Registered Nurse and within medical directives; develop, implement, and evaluate diabetes education and treatment services; provide diabetes education awareness and act as a diabetes resource. The Program works collaboratively with the area Family Health Teams, First Nation community health clinic staff, and other Noojmowin Teg providers to deliver excellent care for diabetic clients within the Manitoulin Island District.
NTHC is an inclusive employer. Accommodation is available in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005.
Given the traditional practices of the Anishinabek, from time to time, exposure to wood smoke and the burning of sacred medicines, including tobacco, sweet grass, sage and cedar, may occur within the work setting.
- Graduate Registered Nurse currently registered with the College of Nurses of Ontario;
- Certified Diabetes Educator (CDE) designated by the Canadian Diabetes Educators Certification Board;
- A minimum of two (2) year’s successful experience working in a community diabetes wellness program, preferable;
- Current nursing skills and knowledge specific to diabetes;
- Insulin adjustment certification preferred;
- Membership with RNAO and the Diabetes Educators Section of the Canadian Diabetes Association required;
- Demonstrated understanding and sensitivity to the Anishinaabek culture, and ability to speak Ojibwe, an asset;
- Electronic Medical Record experience important;
- Reliable vehicle and ability to travel, essential.
Please submit a covering letter, resume, three (3) work-related letters of reference, copy of registration, a current criminal records check, vulnerable sector, a copy of valid driver’s license and driver’s abstract. Please mark correspondence as “Confidential”. Submissions will be accepted by mail, facsimile, or email.
Application Deadline: August 1, 2019
Attn: Human Resources
Noojmowin Teg Health Centre
Postal Bag 2002, Hwy. 540
Little Current, ON P0P 1K0
T: (705) 368-2182 ext. 235
F: (705) 368-2229
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.