Director of Inpatient Services
This is an exciting time to join Youthdale’s newly evolving leadership team. We are implementing a new strategic plan and are seeking an experienced and influential leader to develop an operational plan to engage the clinical team in the development of new models of treatment and to lead the change management process.
In this recently created permanent, full-time position as Director of Inpatient Services, you will be a key member of the senior management team, and provide clinical leadership and maintain the highest standard of clinical competencies in the delivery of services for all clients in your assigned portfolio. Reporting to the President & Chief Executive Officer, you will be responsible for the operation of clinical programs under both the Mental Health Act and the Child, Youth and Family Services Act and provide leadership and clinical oversight to the Acute Support Unit, Transitional Psychiatric Unit, Transitional Age Unit, Mobile Support Team, Outpatient Consultation Clinic, and Intensive Extended Day Program Services. We will also count on you to provide leadership in the Agency’s inter-professional practice strategy.
Areas of Responsibilities
As Director, Inpatient Services, you will:
- Assume overall responsibility for the oversight and management of the clinical services of Youthdale ensuring services are in line with best practices and current
- In partnership with the senior leadership team, develop, monitor and lead the implementation of the strategic and operational
- Ensure the highest quality services to the clients of Youthdale ensuring clinical programs are evidence informed and meet the standards and requirements of the Ministries of Children, Community and Social Services, Health and Long-Term Care and the standards of Accreditation
- Work with the Senior Leadership Team in developing clinical policy, high quality service standards, and a quality improvement
- Ensure the effective management of human, financial and physical resources of Youthdale’s clinical programs. Follow and ensure compliance of appropriate agency policies and procedures and corresponding legislation related to finance, physical assets and human
- Prepare and present reports to the Board of Directors and government representatives as required.
- Improve organizational success in all staff functions through the lens of diversity, inclusion, and equity by supporting the Agency’s diversity and inclusion strategy. Supports communication, education, and training plans that increase awareness and understanding of diversity, inclusion and
- Provide leadership in the development and implementation of engaging youth and families as key stakeholders in the Agency’s policies, processes and clinical
- Serve as point person for all clinical service related client complaint
- In collaboration with the Psychiatrist in Chief, provide leadership in the development and implementation of Ministry funded programs by developing and implementing policies and procedures to comply with legislative requirements; liaising with representatives from government and other internal/external stakeholders, and providing general oversight to all activities related to Ministry funded
- Lead in the design, implementation and evaluation of structures and processes to advance interprofessional collaborative practice and education.
- In collaboration with the Interprofessional Team, set evidence informed clinical practice standards; maintain and assist with the implementation of clinical policies and procedures to enable best client outcomes supportive of the Agency’s strategic
- Assess risks in all programs and services and develop a strategy to mitigate
- Establish clinical objectives and benchmarks for program areas and evaluates regularly to ensure operational criteria are met.
- Lead in the standardization of clinical documentation and helps advance the electronic patient
- Provide leadership for the development and implementation of a clinical corporate learning strategy with objectives based on clinical needs as identified by operations, clinical staff, and best practice and supports the agency to develop a research agenda
- Ensure clinical excellence through the hiring, supervision, training and development of staff.
- Develop and nurture an interprofessional environment and encourage and support the teaching and training of students, interns and residents
- Establish and nurture strategic partnerships and alliances with partners who will advance the Agency’s strategic priorities
- Master’s degree in a Health Discipline, Social Sciences, Public/Health Administration, Education or equivalent
- Undergraduate degree in a health discipline
- Regulated Health Care Professional and registration with Professional College
- Minimum of eight years of related experience with at least 5 years held at a management level,
- Experience in an inpatient health care environment, preferably with children and youth in a mental health setting
- Demonstrated track record of leading, influencing and executing on partnership development and inter-professional practice
- Demonstrated track record of leading and managing organizational change in a clinical, inter-disciplinary setting
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, with proven ability to lead and establish positive partnerships and relations with all key stakeholders: clients, families, staff, and community partners
- Personal alignment with Youthdale’s guiding principles
ABOUT YOUTHDALE TREATMENT CENTRES
Youthdale (www.youthdale.ca) provides comprehensive, integrated mental health services to children and their families, connecting them with the right programs and services, both at Youthdale and in their communities. We meet the complex needs of children and youth with a team of highly skilled and dedicated psychiatrists, psychologists, neurologists and neuropsychologists, social workers, nurses, and child and youth workers.
At Youthdale, we are committed to fostering an inclusive and accessible environment. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the community in which we live and serve. Youthdale is committed to providing accommodation in all parts of the hiring process. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.
Please email your cover letter, together with an updated resume, to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please insert Director of Inpatient Services in the subject line
More search results
Labour Relations Officer - Professional Practice
Ontario Nurses' Association
Implementation Science Manager
Registered Nurses' Association of Ontario (RNAO)
Health Policy Analyst
Registered Nurses' Association of Ontario (RNAO)
Manager, Surgery Centre
Hannam Fertility Centre
County of Bruce