Registered Nurse (RN)
- The Gardens of Peterborough
- Job Category
- Contract type
The Gardens of Peterborough are the premier retirement communities in Peterborough and the Kawarthas. The Gardens offer the most complete range of services, amenities, and Care that you can find – perhaps anywhere. What sets us apart from all others is our service and our commitment to ‘Care’ in everything we do.
As a Registered Nurse within one of our homes, we will rely upon you to supervise and coordinate the care given by department staff and others while assisting our residents in their activities of daily living, providing skilled care in an empathetic and nurturing manner. You are a take-charge individual who leads by example and utilizes coaching and staff recognition to maximize staff performance.
- Assist in the development of resident Care Plans and interventions while providing hands-on, clinical nursing care, including medication administration and assisting in the Activities of Daily Living (ADLs) as required
- Direct, supervise, and mentor RPNs & PSWs in the provision of care in a manner that promotes dignity, compassion, and is in adherence to Care Plans
- Ensures clear and appropriate communication occurs across the department, residence, and with families; promotes positive relationships with staff, physicians, and external care providers to ensure high quality service is provided to residents and resources are efficiently utilized
- Actively participates in ongoing professional development including in-services, seminars, and conferences as directed
- Valid RN License from Ontario College of Nurses
- Supervisory experience and prior experience in a retirement or long term care setting preferred but not necessary
- Must be able to work weekends, varied shifts, call-ins, and holidays as assigned
- Must have excellent communication and interpersonal skills and be able to work as part of a team
We offer competitive compensation packages and professional development opportunities.
AON Inc. is committed to meet the accessibility needs of persons with disabilities as part of our hiring process. We welcome and thank all applicants; however only those selected for interview will be contacted.