Administrator/ Director of Care
- Six Nations Elected Council
- Ohsweken Ontario
- To be determined
- Job Category
- Contract type
JOB SUMMARY: The Administrator/Director of Care reports to and works under the direction and supervision of the Health Senior Leadership Team, which includes matters pertaining to the policies of Six Nations Elected Council. The Administrator/Director of Care is responsible for ensuring the provision of resident care activities is in compliance with applicable legislation and the maintenance of an atmosphere conducive to achieving optimal health and wellness of the residents and employees. Ensures the services delivered are consistent with the vision, mission and core values of Six Nations Health Services.
The Administrator/Director of Care will also accept responsibility for fostering an environment based on Hodi:noshoni/Rotinonhsion:ni values and principles of culture as a foundation, encourages teamwork and participation of all staff to continuously improve the quality and efficiency of services
within the policies and procedures established by Six Nations Elected Council.
July 17, 2019
Hours of Work
70 hours biweekly
To Be Determined
- Graduate of a Bachelor’s of Science in Nursing with five (5) years nursing experience
Graduate of a Master’s Degree in Nursing with four (4) years nursing experience
- Currently in good standing and retain in good standing RN registration from the College of Nurses of Ontario of “Entitled to Practice with No Restrictions” as a Registered Nurse
- Demonstrated strong working knowledge and understanding of health and wellness issues in a First Nations Community
- Demonstrated management experience providing leadership, decision making, team building, managing change and conflict management
- Extensive clinical experience, providing acute care
- Demonstrated fiscally responsible experience managing multiple budgets.
- Ability to be flexible and provide administrative support to staff and residents during all shifts as necessary to meet the needs of the Iroquois Lodge’s 24/7-hour care.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Long Term Care Act, 2007 and other applicable legislation
- Experience working as an Administrator/Director of Care in a long term care facility is preferred
- Satisfactory Police Vulnerable Sector Check complete.
- Strong project management skills and experience, including the ability to define and meet project purpose and objectives, undertake all project activities, monitor and track progress and communicate effectively with stakeholders.
- Highly developed analytical, problem solving, organizational and negotiating skills.
- Ability to exercise discretion, judgment and work independently
- Excellent written and oral communication, presentation and interpersonal skills and the ability to work cooperatively with others in an interdisciplinary team.
- Must possess the personal qualities and attitudes that respects and maintains the spirit, dignity and individuality of the residents and staff
- Current driver’s license and an insured vehicle.
- CPR and First Aid Certificate
Applications will only be accepted via email or mail in accordance with the instructions on our careers page. Please submit the following with your application:
- Printed, filled in and authorized Six Nations Council Application for Employment Form.
- Covering letter including your band name and number (if applicable). Please indicate in your letter how your education and experience qualifies you for the position.
- Recent resume – resume must clearly show that you meet the Basic Qualifications of the position.
- A photocopy of your education diploma/degree/certificate or transcript.
- Scan and email all documents listed above to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Application form: EmploymentApplication (73kb) (the link will open in a new window)
More search results
Provincial Health Care Manager
Ministry of the Solicitor General
Labour Relations Officer Professional Practice-Co…
Ontario Nurses' Association
Acute/Emergency Nurse Manager
Geraldton District Hospital
Labour Relations Officer (Professional Practice/L…
Ontario Nurses' Association
Registered Nurse – Certified Diabetes Educator (C…
Regent Park Community Health Centre - 346240