Humber River Hospital - North America's first fully digital hospital and the recent Gold Medal winner in the 31st annual Modern Healthcare Design Awards - is seeking a qualified candidates to fill a part-time position in the role of Occupational Health Nurse Coordinator. Reporting directly to the Director, Occupational Health and Safety, these individuals will be an integral part of the team responsible for promoting and maintaining the well-being of the employees at Humber River Hospital, while ensuring compliance with the regulations found in the Occupational Health and Safety Act and other relevant legislation.
The Occupational Health Nurse Coordinator will assist the Occupational Health Nurses in supporting HRH employees by conducting new hire health assessments, administering first-aid, providing immunizations, administering flu clinics and various point of care clinics and providing counselling and other related responsibilities.
NOTE: This is a non-union position and requires candidates to provide services at all HRH Sites
- Perform and/or coordinate the required medical immunization testing and health surveillance activities.
- Provide occupational health nursing expertise to employees in the event of an occupational illness/injury
- Assist with the preparation and facilitation of other seasonal campaigns in support of applicable Humber River Hospital's policies and employee well-being practices.
- Complete respirator fit testing
- Registered Nurse (RN)
- Current Certificate of Registration and member in good standing with the College of Nurse of Ontario
- Certificate in Occupational Health Nursing and/or a related certificate preferred.
- Minimum of 3-5 years experience in a health care setting, preferably in a hospital environment
- Experience supporting employees through their employment lifecycle as it relates to their health and well - being e.g. pre-placement health assessment, orientation, education, monitoring and surveillance.
- Current Standard First Aid Certificate & demonstrated ability to respond appropriately to medical emergencies.
- Demonstrated expertise, knowledge and understanding of infectious diseases and their prevention
- Motivated and self-directed individual with the ability to function effectively both autonomously and as a team member
- Strong working knowledge of the Occupational Health and Safety Act and Health Care and Residential Facilities Regulations, Public Hospitals Act, WHMIS/GHS, Occupational Health Principles and Practices and Case Management
- Sound judgment and decision making skills
- Excellent communication (oral, written, and presentation) and interpersonal skills
- Experience with statistics and data analysis is required.
- Strong organizational, time management skills and problem solving skills; able to set and adjust priorities
Interested applicants are required to submit an Application before the closing date. Internal applications that are incomplete or contain incorrect information may not be considered. We thank all candidates that apply but only qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Humber River Hospital is an equal opportunity employer and we will accommodate your needs under the Ontario Human Rights Code. Upon individual request, hiring processes will be modified to remove barriers to accommodate those with disabilities. Should any applicant require accommodation through the application, interview or selection processes, please contact the Human Resources Department for assistance.