Registered Nurse, Geriatric Mental Health Outreach Team
The Canadian Mental Health Association Lambton Kent Branch is a proudly merged community agency serving the mental health needs of Lambton County and the Municipality of Chatham-Kent.
Our vision is to have mentally healthy people in a healthy society. As a leader and champion for mental health, CMHA Lambton Kent provides services and facilitates access to the resources people require to maintain and improve mental health. Our efforts promote community integration, build resilience, and support recovery from mental illness.
This position is responsible for providing comprehensive assessment and treatment planning to individuals referred to the Geriatric Mental Health Outreach Team. The Registered Nurse (RN) will assess, gather collateral information, and present to the psychiatrist their findings to assist in the development of treatment recommendations. The RN will monitor the implementation of the recommendations and keep other care providers updated to changes/improvements in the client’s status.
Reporting to the Manager of Integrated Client Services, the incumbent will be responsible for the following functions:
- providing geriatric specific assessments and treatment planning;
- liaising, when appropriate, with other caregivers/support providers who are involved to ensure continuity of care;
- supporting the implementation of the treatment plan; and
- providing crisis prevention and intervention planning with the hope of preventing a relapse and/or hospitalization.
- developing partnerships with long-term care (LTC) homes;
- providing education to care providers LTC;
- acting as a resource person to community providers;
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing degree with current registration with the Ontario College of Nurses (preferably with Canadian Certification in Psychiatric/Mental Health Nursing;
- experience and detailed knowledge of serious mental illness, dementia, and other age-related conditions of older adults, usually gained with 3-5 years of experience working with this population; and
- a valid Ontario Driver’s License and access to a vehicle.
- Preference will be given to a qualified candidate who is proficient in both official languages.
- Must have a broad knowledge of bio-psychosocial rehabilitation.
- Crisis or Suicide Intervention training is an asset.
- CPR training
- able to provide discipline specific assessments to monitor physical and mental health;
- Extensive knowledge of the Mental Health Act, as well as relevant legislation specific to an individual with a serious mental illness.
- Planning and organization skills to facilitate advocacy and support coordination/service access.
- Extensive knowledge of the support/treatment services network in Lambton County and of regional services commonly accessed by the program.
- Extremely well developed written and verbal communications skills.
- Working knowledge of computers with skill in the use of Email and Microsoft office.
Hours of Work: 35 hours/week. Flexible hours are required to meet the position requirements
Salary: Commensurate with experience within the range: $63,995-$77,860, inclusive of HOOPP
Applicants should submit a covering letter and resume by 4:30PM June 28, 2019