Days, Evenings, Nights, and Weekends - 12, and 8 hr shifts (subject to change)
Lakeridge Health Oshawa
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
To utilize the nursing process in the provision of patient care. To participate as a member of the Health Care Team. As an individual practitioner, to maintain competence and professionalism relevant to current practice. To maintain health records. Function as a member of a Multidisciplinary Team and to perform other related duties as assigned.
* Registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario (in good standing);
* Current B.C.L.S.;
* Significant recent experience in an acute medical/surgical/cardiology unit required;
* Coronary Care I (Cardiac Rhythm Interpretation) and Coronary Care II or equivalent of education and experience required;
* Proven cardiac rhythm and patient assessment skills (tested);
* Proven effective organizational, critical-thinking, time-management, problem-solving and teaching skills;
* Demonstrated effective communication and interpersonal skills;
* Proven ability to perform appropriately in emergency situations;
* Able to lift, turn, transfer patients manually and with mechanical aids;
* Proven ability to assume a leadership/charge role;
* Demonstrated commitment to maintain Reflective Practice Standards as outlined by the CON;
* B.Sc.N and A.C.L.S preferred;
* Demonstrated an understanding of and commitment to Lakeridge Health's comprehensive safety programs and practices including staff safety, patient safety and environmental safety and participates in regular in-service education sessions;
* Demonstrated commitment to our core values of Compassion, Innovation, Courage and Trust;
* Demonstrated understanding of and commitment to Lakeridge Health's comprehensive safety programs and practices including staff, patient and environmental safety and participation in regular in-service in this area; and,
* Proven good attendance record with capability of maintaining the same standard.
SALARY: $33.23 - $47.57 per hour
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Accommodation will be provided in all parts of the recruitment and assessment process as required under Lakeridge Health's Employment Accommodation policy. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance.