Kinark: Helping children and youth with complex needs achieve better life outcomes
Want to help children and youth with complex needs?
Want to utilize all of your knowledge and skills?
Come join our team!
We currently have an opportunity for a:
Program Registered Nurse
Regular Full Time - 35hours/week
$37.35 - $39.25 - $41.17
Summary of Roles and Responsibilities
As the Program RN you will facilitate professional nursing practices that support the delivery of client-centered care within the Simcoe program. You will use your knowledge and skills in child/youth development; emotional and psychological care and medical/medication management to assist clients within the community and those youth residing in the residential programs. You will be working within an interdisciplinary team, providing treatment; collaborating on care plans with other team members and sharing expertise to optimize the care for clients and families. This position is covered by Ontario Public Service Employees Union (OPSEU) Local 355 Group.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Comprehensive physical, emotional and developmental assessments
- Medication management including practices accomplished through medical directives
- Individual, family and group counselling as appropriate
- Engage in cognitive behavioural and other therapies as required and within scope
- Provide liaison and consultation within the program team and with outside physicians, laboratories and pharmacies
- Other responsibilities include (but not limited to):
- Overseeing the systematic collection of laboratory, physical and developmental checks
- Organizing and participating in psychiatry consultations; including follow-up and management of psychiatric plan of care
- Support youth within residential care to maintain a healthy lifestyle, including coping with possible medication side effects (e.g.: undesired weight gain)
- Provide education and guidance to children, youth and families around health and wellness concerns; normal growth and development issues and mental health presentation
- Provide education and support to child youth workers and staff as needed
Qualification and Skills
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing or equivalent
- Member in good standing with the College of Nurses of Ontario
- Proof of Personal Professional Liability Insurance
- Recent experience and expertise in mental health/psychiatry
- Knowledge of normal child/youth growth and development
- Excellent nursing clinical assessment and intervention skills
- Experience with Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
- Proven facilitation, communication and counselling skills
- Excellent and proven goal-directed, solution-focused interpersonal skills
- The successful candidate will require a valid driver’s license and access to a reliable vehicle
- Fluency in French language (written and oral) an asset.
Interested applicants should submit their résumés via: https://kinark.talcura.com/Candidates/ShowJob.aspx?JobId=3706