- Yukon Government
- Whitehorse, Yukon Territories
- Job Category
- Healthcare Services and Wellness
- Contract type
Are you looking to be part of a passionate health care team in one of Canada’s most spectacular natural environments, complete with vast and stunning wilderness right at your doorstep? The Yukon Government’s Continuing Care branch is seeking an innovative and experienced leader who demonstrates commitment to service delivery excellence while providing the best possible care to those accessing our programs.
As the manager of our Complex Behaviours Unit you will lead the design, development and implementation of programming to support individuals with complex behavioural needs in both a long term and community care based setting. As a strategic member of the management team and reporting to the Director, Clinical Psychology, you will be responsible for leading the delivery of programs and services while providing leadership to a dedicated team of transdisciplinary professionals. This position provides oversight on a wide range of assessment, support, counselling and education services to residents, clients and their families. Your first challenge will be to spearhead the opening of the new complex behavioural care unit and then continue to develop and refine the program to provide consultation and support services across the Yukon Territory.
Our philosophy of care is: “We are a community that respects and promotes dignity, individual freedom, choice, and lifestyle, and meaningful quality living. We continually strive to create a feeling of home and belonging for all who live here by being responsive to the uniqueness of each resident.”
If you have experience leading evidence informed, continuing care or behavioral health programming and are eager to collaborate with a variety of different care and community partners, consider applying today.
- Degree or diploma in healthcare field
- Experience leading or supervising direct care professionals in an operational healthcare environment
- Experience providing leadership and supervision in a transdisciplinary or interdisciplinary healthcare setting
- Experience in the evaluation of and development, adaptation or implementation of programs, and services, including budget preparation
- Commitment to excellence in evidence-informed, integrated and person-centred care
- Experience working with clients who have complex physical, cognitive and mental health needs with associated responsive behaviors would be an asset
Full-Time | Permanent | Full Benefits | Professional Growth | Career Progression & Scope |Modern Facilities & Resources| Collaborative Teamwork Framework
How to Apply: Please forward your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be screened on a rolling basis. If you have any questions about the position, you can reach a member of the Yukon recruitment team at 416-237-1500 ext. 222 or email@example.com.
For more information, please visit www.yukon-hra.ca