Registered Nurse – Critical Care (Emergency and ICU)
As a key member of the Critical Care team, the successful incumbent provides direct care to patients within the framework of the Registered Nurse. The RN will work in collaboration and interact with all members of the Emergency and ICU Department multidisciplinary team and other personnel. The successful incumbent demonstrates professional responsibility, is accountable for own practice, and demonstrates actions consistent with hospital policies and procedures.
- College of Nurses of Ontario Certificate of Registration in good standing required
- RN Diploma required, BScN preferred or in progress
- ACLS, BCLS required
- TNCC, ENPC, PALS preferred
- ICU positions require certifications for ECG, defibrillation, intravenous certification, IV medication, epidural, and pulmonary artery monitoring
- ICU positions require a Critical Care Program certificate
- Two years’ current experience in an Emergency or ICU Program is required
- Current experience in a hospital environment preferred
- Excellent physical assessment skills - required to physically be able to participate in, and successfully complete, full Code White training.
- Outstanding communication skills (both verbal and written) required
- Excellent problem solving and crisis intervention skills required
- Code White Certified and ability to respond fully during a Code White
- Keyboarding skills and knowledge of Meditech and OmniCell a definite asset
- Proven dedication to an interdisciplinary team approach required
- Ability to work in a fast-pace environment essential
- Demonstrated ability to attend work on a regular basis is required.
For further information about our currently available positions, and to pursue this career opportunity, please apply through the Cambridge Memorial Hospital Career Portal at www.cmh.org/about/careers. Need help with your application? Call us at 1-519-621-2333 ext. 2390 to speak our Recruitment Specialist.