Reporting to the Manager, Client Services, the Client Service Supervisor (CSS), working within a multi-disciplinary team, is responsible for conducting in-home client assessments of client needs, providing case management and the supervising/training for a team of Personal Support Workers (this may involve an Assisted Living model of care). The incumbent would start as float coverage within the GTA. Occasional evening and weekend visits would be required.
- Conduct initial and ongoing in-home client assessments/reassessments of clients' need for service according to Agency/Funder guidelines.
- Establish care plans based upon client health and functioning level, support network and home environment. Process referrals where required.
- Lead and direct a PSW team to deliver a value-added seamless service experience that meets customers’ needs and expectations. This includes supervising, coaching and supporting the PSWs to provide high quality customer focused service which includes on-site scheduled and unscheduled spot checks, which necessitates occasional evening and weekend visits.
- Conduct Training & Development sessions as well as facilitate and monitor raining and educational opportunities for Personal Support Workers.
- Communicate and work closely with the Service Coordinator who is responsible for scheduling the PSWs.
- Join agency committees and task groups as indicated
- Maintain a quality improvement focus
- A regulated health professional or RN/RPN combined with a minimum of two years relevant working experience.
- Experience working with an elderly population or in community-based care would be an asset.
- Excellent assessment skills.
- Able to supervise a team of Personal Service Workers.
- Excellent interpersonal, problem-solving and communication skills.
- Highly organized, able to work independently, while functioning as a member of a team.
- Able to produce accurate documentation, and show attention to detail.
- Proficiency in Windows, Microsoft Office Word, Excel, etc.
- Valid Ontario Driver’s License and use of a vehicle required.
- Additional Languages such as Russian, Cantonese or Italian are an asset.
- Able to work flexible hours; on-call shifts are required
More search results
Michael Garron Hospital
Clinical Coordinator (1FT and 2 PT positions avai…
Ontario Medical Association
Clinical Educator - Nursing & PSW
VHA Home HealthCare
Registered Nurse, Nursing Resource Team
HUMBER RIVER HOSPITAL
Integrated Program Supervisor (Nursing, Rehab and…
VHA Home HealthCare