Registered Nurse – Operating Room
Regular Full Time
Hamilton Health Sciences is offering up to a $30,000 signing bonus for out-of-province nurses!
Perioperative Services at all Hamilton Health Sciences sites provides pre-operative, intra-operative and post-operative care for both adults and children. The multidisciplinary team functions within a complex, fast paced environment.
As a member of the healthcare team, the Registered Nurse is responsible for the coordination and evaluation of patient care within the Operating Room. The Registered Nurse provides nursing care to meet patient needs and guides/directs and works with the multidisciplinary team in meeting those needs.
Schedule Work Hours
Days, evenings, weekends, nights, holidays, for on call shifts it is required to be at the hospital site within 30 minutes
- Current Certificate of Registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario as a Registered Nurse
- Perioperative Certification and or equivalent experience
- Current BCLS certification
- Demonstrated skill and ability in site specific services
- Demonstrated knowledge of patient care requirements and peri-operative standards in the assessment and management of adult surgical patients; McMaster Children’s Hospital requires knowledge of adult and of pediatric and neonate surgical patients
- Minimum 2 years operating room experience within the last 2 years preferred
- Must be able to wear lead aprons for long periods of time (aprons 15-20 pounds in weigh, works for cases 1-3 hours in length)
- Demonstrated interpersonal, communication and teamwork skills
- Demonstrated commitment to the principles of professional practice
- Demonstrated judgment in carrying out his/her role or function and is responsible and accountable for acting on the interpretation of data
- Demonstrates critical-thinking and decision-making in assessment and problem identification
- Demonstrates ongoing personal professional education and development
$32.66 -$46.76 hourly
Proficiency in both Official Languages would be an asset.
Hamilton Health Sciences is an equal opportunity employer.
More search results
Assistant Manager of Care (Assistant Director of …
Region of Waterloo
County of Bruce
Registered Nurse, Geriatric Mental Health Outreac…
CMHA, Lambton Kent
Wholistic Health & Wellness Mohawk Council of Akwesasne
Registered Nurse, Adult Mental Health Inpatient U…
Royal Victoria Regional Health Centre