Traveling Geriatric RN, Registered Nurse (Full-Time)
JOB TITLE: Full time – Traveling Geriatric RN, Registered Nurse
Your goal in this position is to provide client-centered personal nursing care and psychosocial assessments of the emotional, physical and cognitive needs of assigned aging adults. You possess excellent clinical skills and your practice is consistent with tenets of patient and family centered care, as well as with demonstrated current professional practices. You demonstrate excellent interpersonal and communication skills (both written and verbal) with patients & their family. You have excellent critical thinking, organizational, conflict resolution and listening skills. This position contributes to the shared responsibility of ensuring health and safety for two aging adults in their homes (Ontario, Florida & England) and while vacationing abroad.
PRACTICAL PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Demonstrate the ability to function to the full scope of nursing practice per the College of Nurses of Ontario
- Communicate effectively (written and verbal) with patients and their family members and other members of the health care team
- Think critically, set priorities and organize work in response to patient needs
- Demonstrate knowledge of transfers and lifts
- Be committed to ongoing learning, professional development, and continuous quality improvement
- Have proficient skill level with computers, MS Word, Internet searches, data entry and patient information systems
- Have excellent assessment skills with clinical knowledge of care of the geriatric population
- Have clinical competences to manage patients with a variety of mental health conditions
- Have effective organizational, problem-solving, prioritization, time-management and teaching skills
- Have excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to foster good public relations and working relationships in a family centered care environment
- Demonstrate your ability to perform appropriately in emergency situations
- May be asked to apply and hold nursing licenses in the USA and England (paid for by employer)
- Hold a current Canadian Passport and be willing to live-in and travel with patients 48 weeks/year
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- RN Nursing Diploma or Baccalaureate Degree in Nursing
- Minimum 2 years experience working with Geriatric patients
- Registered and in good standing with the College of Nurses of Ontario
- Current Basic Cardiac Life Support certification (BCLS)
- Current Medication Certificate
- Must have experience working with patients with mental health conditions
- Certification in Crisis Intervention by Crisis Prevention Institute (CPI) an asset but not mandatory
- Crisis experience an asset but not mandatory
Organized - RN will embrace the challenge of prioritizing patient care demands, and is eager to engage in new challenges every day.
Great Communicator - RN will communicate effectively with colleagues and other members of the family.
Decisive - RN will have the ability to make influential decisions and use their critical thinking and problem solving skills in the best interests of the patients.
Safety Conscious - RN knows that keeping everyone safe and healthy is the highest priority.
Committed - RN demonstrates ongoing commitment to professional development to enhance their knowledge and skills.
Customer Service Oriented - Includes attitude, behaviour, interpersonal skills, and problem solving that enable an employee to respond to internal and external patient needs and expectations in a positive manner.
Adaptability - Includes teamwork, flexibility needed to fulfill job responsibilities, adapting to changes in work environment and accepting supervisory feedback.
Efficiency and Effectiveness - Includes quantity and quality of desired work, as well as organizational skills necessary to perform successfully.
Essential Job Requirements - Includes adherence to all relevant guidelines affecting the work environment, as well as maintenance of required competencies and communication skills.