The Prince Edward Family Health Team (PEFHT) is seeking two Nurse Practitioners (NPs) to join our team on a:
- 1 FTE full-time basis; and a
- 1-year temporary contract basis.
Work and live in beautiful Prince Edward County - well-known to offer the best in rural living. 800 km of spectacular shoreline and beautiful scenery at your doorstep, fresh air, family farms and warm communities, live theatre, artists' studios and galleries, unique regional cuisine and a growing wine industry all combine to make “the County” a location of choice.
The PEFHT provides a single point of access to health care services for County residents. Our interdisciplinary team offers comprehensive patient-centred, primary health care including diagnosis, treatment and management, prevention, rehabilitation, palliative care and community health promotion.
The NP role has been developed over the past 10+ years by the NPs and their collaborative partners within the PEFHT. NPs engage in autonomous decision making and authority within their scope and shared decision-making when it is beyond the NP Scope of Practice. NP clients include individuals, families and the community as a whole. NPs provide safe, effective and ethical care.
Within the context of a client-centred care model and working within a multidisciplinary team, the NP will:
- provide shared care for their patients along with their physician partners;
- assess, investigate, diagnose and treat patients across the lifespan, utilizing critical thinking and evidence-based medicine and nursing as a guide to practice;
- make referrals independently to physician specialists as per CNO Standards of Practice;
- provide expert coaching, guidance, and counseling - e.g. patient education, supportive counseling, options counseling, grief counseling, CBT if qualified;
- obtain and maintain QHC Hospital privileges to facilitate continuity of care and have the authority to order hospital-based tests within their scope of practice;
- monitor patients EMR for test results and consultants notes;
- provide service encounter statistics to MOHLTC as requested by the NPAR Program;
- consult with multidisciplinary team members, physicians and other health care professionals to achieve excellence in client-centred care.
- lead or participate in PEFHT patient-centred programs, e.g. Collaborative Care Program and Hospital@Home, which require home visits, assessment, and working collaboratively with multiple community agencies.
- BScN (MScN an asset)
- Registration in the Extended Class with the CNO
- Member of RNAO or NPAO and carry liability insurance
- Excellent verbal and written communication, facilitation and interpersonal skills; ability to build and nurture positive working relationships both within and outside of the PEFHT.
- Knowledge of health care facilities and community health services, social agencies etc.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently as well as collaboratively within a multidisciplinary team, and within a brisk work setting.
- Proficient with electronic medical records and standard office software.
- Valid driver’s license, access to a reliable vehicle, willingness to provide home visits.
- Willingness to obtain a Vulnerable Sector Check.
PEFHT is a HOOPP employer.
More search results
Registered Nurse - Two Openings
Indwell Community Homes
Assistant Manager of Care (Assistant Director of …
Region of Waterloo
County of Bruce
Registered Nurse, Geriatric Mental Health Outreac…
CMHA, Lambton Kent
Wholistic Health & Wellness Mohawk Council of Akwesasne