- Toronto, ON
- $56,518 - $70,100
- Job Category
- Healthcare Services and Wellness, Nursing/Healthcare
- Contract type
Forensic Supportive Housing Program
The Canadian Mental Health Association/Toronto Branch is a non-profit community based mental health agency providing a wide range of services across Toronto. We are currently seeking a Registered Nurse for the Forensic Supportive Housing (FSH) Program. The Forensic Supportive Housing Program is a new program that will deliver intensive case management and housing support services to individuals living with mental illness who are involved with the forensic criminal justice system.
Reporting to the Manager of Forensic Services, the Registered Nurse will provide direct service to clients and consultation to an interdisciplinary team designed to deliver enhanced service intensity and specialized supports to individuals living independently in the community. The Registered Nurse will use evidence-based tools to screen, assess and deliver effective interventions to clients experiencing mental health and addictions challenges to support them to remain stably housed while meeting the requirements of the Ontario Review Board.
Why Choose CMHA - Toronto?
- HOOPP Pension Plan
- Comprehensive Group Health Insurance Benefit Plan
- Short and long term disability programs and life insurance
- Work-life balance
- Opportunities for Career Learning and Advancement
- Assessment, service planning and discharge planning
- Client-centred engagement, service provision and interventions
- Providing skill development, linkages, resources, information and advocacy
- Crisis prevention and intervention
- Provide psycho-education around meds and symptoms
- Assess mental status and monitor physical health needs
- Housing support and eviction prevention activities
- Maintaining trusting, respectful and collaborative working relationships
- Collaborating with forensic hospital care team to achieve positive outcomes
- Participating and reporting to Ontario Review Board hearings
- Supporting clients in adhering to their ORB conditions
Qualifications: The successful candidate will possess the following:
- Bachelor’s degree in Nursing, with registration in good standing with the College of Nurses of Ontario
- Minimum 3 years of community mental health experience working with individuals with complex mental health and substance use issues
- Strong knowledge of recovery principles as well as the forensic mental health and criminal justice systems
- Knowledge and experience of evidence-based behavioural interventions (CBT/DBT) and approaches to trauma-informed care
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work independently and in a dynamic team environment
- Experience in case management and Housing First would be an asset
- Ability to work with diverse communities
- Able to work flexible hours including occasional evenings, weekends and holidays
Access to a car and a valid driver’s license is required.
Annual Salary Range: $56,518 - $70,100
CMHA is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from equity seeking groups including qualified individuals with personal experience of the mental health system. If you are contacted by our offices regarding a job opportunity please advise prior to the interview should you require any accommodation.