Clinical Nurse Educator - Birth Unit, Mother Baby Unit & Level II Special Care Nursery
Clinical Nurse Educator
Birth Unit, Mother Baby Unit & Level II Special Care Nursery
Days / Evenings
8 hours per shift (subject to change)
Scale Minimum Maximum
ONA03 $34.55 $49.23
- As part of the Nursing Professional Practice Department and the Childbirth Program, the purpose of the Childbirth Unit Clinical Nurse Educator is to identify the need for, develop, implement and evaluate education programs and learning experiences/activities.
- As part of the Childbirth team the educator will assist staff to acquire and maintain the knowledge, skills and competency for safe performance in the delivery of high quality patient and family centered care.
- Improves patient care by enabling the nurse to work to the fullest scope of their role by supporting orientation, advancing standards of care, maintaining best practice, fostering and evaluating clinical competence and professional practice.
- Works collaboratively with the QCH interprofessional team to enhance patient care by facilitating educational activities and quality improvement initiatives.
- Works closely with the Nursing Professional Practice team to maintain, develop and implement corporate initiatives and corporate nursing orientation.
- As a member of the nursing leadership team the Clinical Nurse Educator demonstrates the QCH values of accountability, innovation and respect.
- Masters in Nursing or Education (or other health related program)
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing
- Certificate of Registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario (CNO)
- Minimum of 5 years of recent clinical experience inclusive of Labour & Delivery, Maternal Newborn, and Level 2 or Level 3 Special Care Nursery
- Experience working in an Obstetrical Operating Room
- Fetal Health Surveillance in Labour Certification
- Neonatal Resuscitation Certification
- Recent Breastfeeding Course
- Demonstrated effective interpersonal skills, communication and teaching skills
- Proven facilitation, collaboration and leadership skills
- Demonstrated computer competency
- Registered Nurses Association of Ontario (RNAO) membership
- Minimum of two (2) years teaching experience
- Experience with clinical documentation in an Electronic Health Record
- International Board Certified Lactation Consultant (IBCLC) or in progress
- Leadership, Facilitation and Conflict Resolution Courses
- Fetal Health Surveillance in Labour, Instructor Certification
- Canadian Nurses Association (CNA) Perinatal Certification
- Membership in Specialty related Professional Association (SOGC, CAPWHN, CANN )
- Neonatal Resuscitation, Instructor Certification
- Certification in ACoRN or S.T.A.B.L.E.
Located in fast-growing west Ottawa, Queensway Carleton Hospital has built its reputation as a leading acute care hospitals by seeing the person in each of the nearly 500,000 people who turn to it for care each year. QCH’s agility and collaborative culture enable it to respond quickly to the most pressing healthcare challenges facing its vibrant and growing communities through advanced programs that reinvent models of patient care. QCH is proud to have been recognized as the #1 hospital in the Ottawa region by Newsweek Magazine, and #25 in Canada.