RN/RPN Advanced Foot Care
The Prince Edward Family Health Team (PEFHT) is seeking an RN or RPN – Advanced Foot Care, part-time, to join our progressive team serving the residents of Prince Edward County.
Work and live in beautiful Prince Edward County, which offers the best in rural living. 800 km of spectacular shoreline and beautiful scenery at your doorstep, fresh air, family farms and warm communities, live theatre, artists' studios and galleries, unique regional cuisine and a growing wine industry all combine to make “the County” a location of choice.
The PEFHT provides access to health care services for County residents. Our team of family physicians and interdisciplinary clinicians, supported by clinical staff, offers comprehensive, patient-centred primary health care including diagnosis, treatment and management, prevention and cure, rehabilitation, palliative care and community health promotion.
As a member of the multidisciplinary team this RN/RPN provides ongoing comprehensive lower limb assessment, specialized foot care, follow-up care and education for patients with vascular issues and who require advanced/diabetic foot care. This position is 0.4 full-time equivalent (2 days per week)
The RN/RPN – Advanced Foot Care:
- Performs initial assessments, based on best practice guidelines, for patients with diabetes and peripheral arterial disease who require advanced care.
- In collaboration with the patient, primary care provider and specialty care provider, establishes a plan of treatment and ongoing care.
- Provides information and education to the patient to enable effective self-care and symptom management.
- Evaluates effectiveness of care at patient at program level.
- Supervises operation of autoclave equipment and regular maintenance and sterilization monitoring procedures.
- Participates in team development by sharing knowledge of advanced foot care protocols and current research among team members.
- Communicates effectively with healthcare team members to create an effective cohesive team and seamless service to the patient.
- Works closely with PEFHT Diabetes Program clinicians as well as other clinical staff.
- Is guided by the standards and guidelines of the College of Nurses of Ontario and the Registered Nurses Assoc. of Ontario in everyday work.
- Cross-coverage for basic wound care a possibility.
- RPN/RN/BScN, Current registration with College of Nurses of Ontario and membership with RNAO
- Additional specialty certification or training in advanced and diabetic foot care
- Broad experience and knowledge of all aspects of advanced foot care
- Demonstrated commitment to continuous education and quality improvement initiatives
- Extensive knowledge of infection control practices
- Basic CPR certification and current Ontario Driver's License
- Excellent verbal and written communication, facilitation and interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of health care facilities and community health services, social agencies etc.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently as well as collaboratively within a multidisciplinary team, and within a brisk work setting.
- Proficient with electronic medical records and standard office software.
For more information about our team, please see our website at www.pefht.ca.
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to: email@example.com. Closing: May 31, 2019.
PEFHT is a HOOPP employer.