- Ministry of Children, Community and Social Services
- $1,300.73 - $1,621.66 per week
- Job Category
- Contract type
Child and Parent Resource Institute (CPRI) provides trauma-informed and highly specialized services for children and youth of Ontario who experience complex and long-standing combinations of mental health difficulties and/or developmental challenges, and where these difficulties significantly impact functioning in multiple areas, such as home, school and community, and appropriate community interventions have not produced the desired response. CPRI provides services that are based on a partnership model with community service providers. Our services include Assessment, Consultation, Treatment, Research and Education in both outpatient and inpatient services.
CPRI is looking for Registered Nurses to provide comprehensive health care and nursing services to children and youths (from birth to 18 years) with complex developmental and medical needs. If you have a strong commitment to the care and well-being of others, don't miss this opportunity!
Please note: This posting is for one permanent and up to three temporary, on-call positions, duration of assignment is up to 12 months with possible extension.
What can I expect to do in this role?
As a Registered Nurse, you will:
• Provide professional nursing services to children and youths with complex medical and developmental needs
• Conduct health assessment, plan for and provide health care treatment
• Provide a safe and healthy environment by ensuring appropriate infection control measures
• Act as a resource for patients, their families, staff and community health care providers by sharing your knowledge and expertise, and ensuring an optimum and integrated approach to care if provided before, during and following admission
• Practise in accordance with the College of Nurses of Ontario Practice Standards and Ministry expectations
Please read the following information carefully and customize your cover letter and resume to the qualifications listed on the job ad.
How do I qualify?
• You must be a Registered Nurse in good standing with the College of Nurses of Ontario prior to a confirmed offer
Nursing Knowledge and Experience
• You have knowledge of professional standards and guidelines, best practice guidelines, and nursing theories, practices and relevant legislation (such as Regulated Health Professions Act, Health Care Consent Act) to develop and provide nursing care, and ensure appropriate treatment is administered
• You have knowledge of and experience working with clients with complex physical, developmental and behavioural needs
• You can complete comprehensive health assessments and nursing care plans
Other Essential Skills
• You can work as a member of an inter-professional team and communicate effectively with patients, their family members, health care professionals and community agency providers to present information, and provide individualized health care treatment plan and education
• You have excellent critical thinking and organizational skills to identify and address complex medical situations, provide emergency, urgent and routine health care, manage information and prioritize workload within established timelines
Hours of Work
• The hours of work for the permanent full-time position are 40 hours per week. The hours of work for the temporary on-call positions are 0-40 hours per week. You are expected to work rotating shifts in a health care unit that provides 7 days per week service, up to 24 hours a day
Salary Range: $1,300.73 - $1,621.66 per week
- 1 Permanent - Full Time, 600 Sanatorium Rd, London, West Region, Vulnerable Sector Check
- 3 Temporary - Irregular On-Call, duration up to 12 months (with possible extension), 600 Sanatorium Rd, London, West Region, Vulnerable Sector Check
- In accordance with the Ontario Public Service (OPS), Employment Screening Checks Policy (ESCP), the top candidate(s) may be required to undergo a security screening check. Refer to the above to determine the screening checks that are required for this position.
You will be responsible for obtaining the criminal record check at your own expense and provide it, along with your written consent, to the Transition and Security Office (TSO), Talent Acquisition Branch (TAB), HR Service Delivery Division (HRSDD) to evaluate the results. If applicable, the TSO, with your written consent, will request and obtain any additional employment screening checks that were not obtained directly by you. (Note: If a Vulnerable Sector Screening Check is required, it must also be obtained in person at your local police service).
A record under the Criminal Code and/or other federal offence record(s) does not automatically mean you will be ineligible for the position. The employment screening check(s) will only be reviewed and evaluated by the TSO for the purpose of making a security clearance decision. The details of an individual's employment screening check(s) will be considered in specific relation to the duties and responsibilities of the position being filled. Employment screening check records will be maintained by the TSO and kept strictly confidential.
Please apply online, only, at www.ontario.ca/careers, quoting Job ID 134589, by Tuesday, May 21, 2019. Please follow the instructions to submit your application. Faxes are not being accepted at this time.
If you require a disability-related accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process, please contact us at www.gojobs.gov.on.ca/ContactUs.aspx to provide your contact information. Recruitment Services staff will contact you within 48 hours. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Ontario Public Service is an inclusive employer. Accommodation will be provided in accordance with Ontario’s Human Rights Code.
More search results
Registered Nurse - Full-time Contract 1 year
North Peel Family Health Team
Prince Edward Family Health Team
Operations Director of Cancer Program, and Mental…
Royal Victoria Regional Health Centre
Michael Garron Hospital
Chief Nursing Executive & Clinical Services
Musoka Algonquin Healthcare