Registered Practical Nurse
- Ministry of Children, Community and Social Services
- $990.80 - $1,089.20 per week
- Job Category
- Contract type
Child and Parent Resource Institute (CPRI) provides trauma-informed and highly specialized services for children and youth of Ontario who experience complex and long-standing combinations of mental health difficulties and/or developmental challenges, and where these difficulties significantly impact functioning in multiple areas, such as home, school and community, and appropriate community interventions have not produced the desired response. CPRI provides services that are based on a partnership model with community service providers. Our services include Assessment, Consultation, Treatment, Research and Education in both outpatient and inpatient services.
CPRI is looking for Registered Practical Nurses to provide nursing care, within the RPN scope of practice as defined by the College of Nurses of Ontario, to children and youths (from birth to 18 years) with complex developmental and medical needs. If you have a strong commitment to the care and well-being of others, don't miss this opportunity!
Please note: This posting is for up to three temporary, on-call positions, duration of assignment is up to 12 months with possible extension.
What can I expect to do in this role?
As a Registered Practical Nurse, you will:
• Work in collaboration with a multi-disciplinary clinical team to provide nursing care to children and youths with complex developmental and medical needs
• Document the assessment, intervention and evaluation of nursing care
• Communicate with families, team and community health care providers to ensure an optimum and integrated approach to care is maintained
• Practise in accordance with the College of Nurses of Ontario Practice Standards and Ministry expectations
Please read the following information carefully and customize your cover letter and resume to the qualifications listed on the job ad.
How do I qualify?
• You must be registered in good standing as a Registered Practical Nurse (RPN) with the College of Nurses of Ontario prior to a confirmed offer
• You will be required to provide a copy of your medical administration certificate if you graduated from the PN program prior to year 2005
Nursing Knowledge and Experience
• You have knowledge of evidence-based practice and procedure to provide nursing services within the RPN scope of practice as defined by the College of Nurses of Ontario
• You have knowledge of relevant legislation (Child and Family Services Act, Regulated Health Professions Act, Health Care Consent Act) and professional nursing standards/guidelines to develop treatment plans for clients
Other Essential Skills
• You have strong problem solving and organizational skills to plan and implement client care, and evaluate clients' developmental and health status within established timelines
• You have strong written and oral communication skills and you can work collaboratively on a multi-disciplinary team
Hours of Work
• The hours of work are 0-40 hours per week. You are expected to work rotating shifts in a health care unit that provides 7 days per week service, up to 24 hours a day
Salary Range: $990.80 - $1,089.20 per week
- 3 Temporary - Irregular On-Call, duration up to 12 months (with possible extension), 600 Sanatorium Rd, London, West Region, Vulnerable Sector Check
- In accordance with the Ontario Public Service (OPS), Employment Screening Checks Policy (ESCP), the top candidate(s) may be required to undergo a security screening check. Refer to the above to determine the screening checks that are required for this position.
You will be responsible for obtaining the criminal record check at your own expense and provide it, along with your written consent, to the Transition and Security Office (TSO), Talent Acquisition Branch (TAB), HR Service Delivery Division (HRSDD) to evaluate the results. If applicable, the TSO, with your written consent, will request and obtain any additional employment screening checks that were not obtained directly by you. (Note: If a Vulnerable Sector Screening Check is required, it must also be obtained in person at your local police service).
A record under the Criminal Code and/or other federal offence record(s) does not automatically mean you will be ineligible for the position. The employment screening check(s) will only be reviewed and evaluated by the TSO for the purpose of making a security clearance decision. The details of an individual's employment screening check(s) will be considered in specific relation to the duties and responsibilities of the position being filled. Employment screening check records will be maintained by the TSO and kept strictly confidential.
Please apply online, only, at www.ontario.ca/careers, quoting Job ID 134590, by Tuesday, May 21, 2019. Please follow the instructions to submit your application. Faxes are not being accepted at this time.
If you require a disability-related accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process, please contact us at www.gojobs.gov.on.ca/ContactUs.aspx to provide your contact information. Recruitment Services staff will contact you within 48 hours. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Ontario Public Service is an inclusive employer. Accommodation will be provided in accordance with Ontario’s Human Rights Code.
More search results
Director of Nursing Care - Long Term Care
Ministry of the Solicitor General
Full Professor with Tenure (Nursing)
Registered Practical Nurse (RPN),Shift/Visiting N…
Victorian Order of Nurses for Canada
Registered Nurse (RN), Shift/Visiting Nursing (Fu…
Victorian Order of Nurses for Canada