Professor, Nursing & PSW
Applications are invited for a Professor, in the School of Nursing and Personal Support Worker Studies, Community and Health Studies Division located at the Welland Campus.
Reporting to the Associate Dean of the School of Nursing and Personal Support Worker Studies, this exciting role requires the successful candidate to provide an invitational learning environment for a variety of programs including, but not necessarily limited to, Mental Health, Palliative Care, and Leadership.
The Professor position is responsible for providing academic leadership and developing an effective learning environment for students. This includes designing, revising and updating courses/curriculum; teaching assigned courses; consulting with stakeholders (faculty, community and industry partners); defining course objectives and evaluating student comprehension of objectives; utilizing a variety of instruction media /resources; and providing individualized instruction where necessary. Other duties may be assigned as necessary.
Required qualifications include:
- Minimum four (4) year Baccalaureate degree
- Minimum five (5) years practicing as a regulated health professional in acute, long-term care, or community setting
- Minimum two (2) years previous teaching experience at a post-secondary level or adult training experience
- Current, unrestricted registration as a regulated health professional
- Proven ability to work in a team environment and to foster the same with their students and colleagues
- Excellent written/oral communication, organizational, problem solving, analytical and teamwork skills
- Evidence of commitment to student success and academic excellence
- Demonstrated networking/relationship building and liaison abilities
Preferred candidates may also possess:
- A Master’s degree in a related subject area
- Membership in a professional association
- Experience in curriculum design and development
If selected for an interview, candidates must present proof of education (ie: original transcripts/credentials). Note: Credentials obtained outside of Canada require an evaluation to determine the Canadian educational equivalence. This evaluation must support the educational requirements for the position as a condition of employment. For further information, visit: World Education Services ( http://www.wes.org/ca/ ).
We thank all applicants only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Niagara College is committed to workplace diversity and provides accommodations to applicants with disabilities throughout our hiring process. If you require an accommodation, please contact the Recruitment Consultant.
More search results
Foot Care Nurse/Registered Nurse/Registered Pract…
Burlington Family Health Team
Consultant, Health Services
Nurse Practitioner -- Federal Public Service Occu…
Registered Nurse / Registered Practical Nurse
Clinical Auditor and Practice Consultant
South West Local Health Integration Network