Clinical Nurse Specialist – Sexual Health Clinics
Clinical Nurse Specialist – Sexual Health Clinics #23372
(Clinical Nurse Specialist)
DEPARTMENT: Community and Health Services Department
BRANCH: Public Health Branch, Healthy Living Division
PROGRAM AREA: Sexual Health Clinics
Salary: $45.02 to $52.99 per hour
LOCATION: 22 Prospect Street, Newmarket
STATUS: Permanent Full-Time
SCHEDULED WEEKLY HOURS: 35
This is a Replacement
O.N.A. Local 16 position
Reporting to the Manager, Healthy Living, is responsible for promoting the quality of nursing practice through clinical practice/client care, consultation, education, research and leadership; providing leadership, clinical knowledge and expertise related to sexual health clinics and harm reduction services; identifying and addressing key educational needs of staff; providing consultation to clients, families and health professionals; contributing to nursing knowledge and clinical competence through program related research; and participating in the development, marketing and delivery of sexual health clinics and harm reduction programming to achieve the standards and requirements of the Mandatory Core Services and Guidelines in consultation with other Branches.
· Acts as a clinical expert in sexual health clinic services that address contraception, comprehensive pregnancy counselling, the diagnosis and treatment of Sexually Transmitted Infections client health assessment and risk review, healthy sexuality, sexual orientation, sexuality and relationships.
· Provides consultation to promote evidence based holistic nursing assessment and care that follow medical directives, clinic policies and procedures and program telepractice guidelines
· Promotes the use of a variety of nursing and related theoretical perspectives such as resiliency, developmental assets and youth engagement to guide assessments and interventions
· Develops and directs the implementation of educational programs to improve program outcomes and to support the implementation of new programs and initiatives in sexual health and harm reduction, in consultation with the Manager.
· Acts as a role model, provides feedback and assists in the development and training of others to expand on their knowledge and clinical practice.
· Assists in the development and implementation of orientation, training and development and skill maintenance opportunities that reflect the sexual health clinics program core competencies.
· Provides leadership and guidance regarding clinical issues related to sexual health and harm reduction.
· Develops and implements sexual health clinic policies, procedures and medical directives and supports the development of telepractice guidelines for the Sexual Health Phone line.
· Oversees the development, marketing and delivery of programming to achieve the standards and requirements of the Mandatory Core Services and Guidelines.
· Oversees program planning, implementation and evaluation to ensure evidence based practice, promotes continuous quality improvement and participates in quality assurance activities in consultation with the Manager.
· Develops and/or maintains professional working relationships with internal and external partners, including community agencies and interest groups.
· Takes on a leadership role in interdivisional, divisional and departmental task groups, and committees, as required.
· Baccalaureate Degree in Nursing and Masters Degree in a nursing specialty or related field.
· Member in good standing with the College of Nurses of Ontario (CNO).
· Minimum three (3) years experience in community nursing with a background in sexual health clinic services including demonstrated leadership experience.
· Experience in program development, health education, administration and research.
· Valid Ontario Class “G” drivers license and reliable vehicle for use on corporate business.
Please apply online by clicking here by May 2, 2019 at 4:30 p.m. We thank all candidates for their interest, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted via email.