REGISTERED NURSE (R.N.) - Casual P/T
Reporting to the Director of Care, and as part of an interdisciplinary care team, the R.N. will enhance the effective management and quality of nursing practice in keeping with the Standards of the College of Nurses of Ontario, Long Term Care Standards.
- Ensure resident care is provided with established nursing standards and principles, physicians’ orders and administrative policies, as well as, observe, report and record vital signs, symptoms and conditions of residents. Assure observance of required techniques in nursing care.
- Assist in assessing residents and develop, implement, review and evaluate resident care plans. Monitor residents’ health, notes changes in condition and assess need for referral to doctors; processes and implement physicians’ orders.
- Plan, direct, supervise and evaluate the work of nursing and personal care staff assigned to the unit. Orient and train new personnel and may participate in in-service education. Monitor performance and conduct performance appraisal and refers problems to the Director of Care.
- Assists the D.O.C. in maintaining the policies and standards of the Home.
- Prepares and end-of-shift report describing resident status, incidents, medical orders and any other information necessary to ensure continuity of care and intra-shift communications.
- Take charge of the Facility in the absence of the Director of Care and Assistant Director of Care.
- Staff replacement in the absence of the Scheduling Officer.
- Appropriate current certificate of competence from the College of Nurses of Ontario required.
- Registration or eligible for registration with the Registered Nurses Association of Ontario.
- Previous managerial experience in long-term care preferred.
- Experience dealing with physically and/or cognitively impaired vulnerable persons.
- Comprehensive knowledge of nursing and health care practices, as well as knowledge in Infection Control Practices.
- Demonstrated commitment to working with seniors.
- Ability to work effectively individually and with others while prioritizing tasks to handle the most urgent first.
- Ability to present information clearly and effectively both verbally whether in person or over the phone, and in writing; an active listener who projects a friendly demeanor.
- Ability to collect and use information to thoroughly think through problems and situations; puts information from various sources together to see the ‘big picture’ and generate creative solutions.
- General computer skills, able to access and enter medical information into Electronic Medical Records system
- Organizational, planning, time management and multi-tasking skills.
- RAI and MDS experience preferred.
Interested applicants should apply electronically with their current resume along with a cover letter explaining how they meet the requirements of the role. Where notified in advance, Hillel Lodge will accommodate the needs of job applicants throughout its recruitment and selection processes in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. A Vulnerable Sector Police background check will be required prior to hire. Although we appreciate all interest, only those candidates who are selected for interviews will be contacted. No phone calls please.
More search results
Clinical Nurse Educator - Birth Unit, Mother Baby…
Queensway Carleton Hospital
Part time RN Position
Argus Medical Centre
Registered Nurse (Foot Care)
CLOSING THE GAP HEALTHCARE GROUP - 350356
Assistant Director of Care - Registered Nurse
Fiddicks Nursing Home and Retirement Home Ltd
Traveling Geriatric RN, Registered Nurse (Full-Ti…
Cleveland Clinic Canada