- Ministry of the Solicitor General
- $68,671 - $98,950 per year
- Job ID 133533
- Job Category
- Contract type
The Brockville Jail, Ministry of the Solicitor General (formerly Ministry of Community Safety and Correctional Services), seeks a proven health care professional to lead a multidisciplinary team in the delivery of patient-centred health care.
If you would like to showcase your leadership skills, don't miss this exciting opportunity.
What can I expect to do in this role?
In this role, you will:
• Plan, coordinate, direct and evaluate health care programs and services, including the pharmacy program, within a medium-size facility
• Provide leadership to a multidisciplinary team of health care professionals, and ensure the delivery of efficient and quality health care services
• Support a values-based and inclusive environment through oversight of health care services
• Provide professional expertise, advice and direction to ensure services and programs are in compliance with ministry policy, legislation and professional standards
• Develop, plan and implement the delivery of health education programs for patients and staff
• Ensure the efficient use of human, physical and financial resources to provide quality care
• Ensure patients' safety; report and conduct investigations of unsafe practices or professional misconduct, and document incidents in accordance to ministry policies, the College of Nurses of Ontario standards, and applicable legislation and regulations
How do I qualify?
• You are currently registered as a Registered Nurse in good standing with the Colleges of Nurses of Ontario
Leadership and Management Skills
• You can lead a multidisciplinary health care team in the delivery of patient-centred health care services
• You can plan, co-ordinate, manage and direct the day-to-day delivery of health care services in an unionized environment
• You have proven skills to manage staff, provide leadership, coach, direct and foster an engaged and inclusive environment
• You have knowledge of project management principles and methodologies to meet operational program deliverables
Nursing Knowledge and Expertise
• You have knowledge of healthcare administration and evidence-based health care practices
• You have proven knowledge and competency in the application of the College of Nurses of Ontario professional standards and practices to supervise nursing services within a correctional environment
• You can interpret and apply knowledge of relevant legislation, such as Regulated Health Professions Act, Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act, and Mental Health Act
Other Essential Skills
• You have proven interpersonal, oral communication and conflict resolution skills to provide consultation, and resolve issues with stakeholders and staff
• You have strong writing skills to prepare reports
• You have excellent analytical, problem-solving and judgement skills, and you are proficient with computer software applications
• You have knowledge of human resources practices, collective agreement provisions, financial and administrative policies, quality management, and continuous improvement practices
• You have knowledge of relevant legislation, such as Regulated Health Professions Act, Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act, and Mental Health Act
Salary Range: $68,671 - $98,950 per year
- 1 Permanent - Full Time, 10 Wall St, Brockville, East Region, Vulnerable Sector Check, Credit History Check, Local Police Databases Search, PIP/NICHE/RMS
- In accordance with the Ontario Public Service (OPS), Employment Screening Checks Policy (ESCP), the top candidate(s) may be required to undergo a security screening check. Refer to the above to determine the screening checks that are required for this position.
You will be responsible for obtaining the criminal record check at your own expense and provide it, along with your written consent, to the Transition and Security Office (TSO), Talent Acquisition Branch (TAB), HR Service Delivery Division (HRSDD) to evaluate the results. If applicable, the TSO, with your written consent, will request and obtain any additional employment screening checks that were not obtained directly by you. (Note: If a Vulnerable Sector Screening Check is required, it must also be obtained in person at your local police service).
A record under the Criminal Code and/or other federal offence record(s) does not automatically mean you will be ineligible for the position. The employment screening check(s) will only be reviewed and evaluated by the TSO for the purpose of making a security clearance decision. The details of an individual's employment screening check(s) will be considered in specific relation to the duties and responsibilities of the position being filled. Employment screening check records will be maintained by the TSO and kept strictly confidential.
Please apply online, only, at www.ontario.ca/careers, quoting Job ID 133533, by Monday, April 29, 2019. Please follow the instructions to submit your application. Faxes are not being accepted at this time.
If you require accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process, please contact us at www.gojobs.gov.on.ca/ContactUs.aspx to provide your contact information. Recruitment Services staff will contact you within 48 hours. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Ontario Public Service is an inclusive employer. Accommodation will be provided in accordance with Ontario’s Human Rights Code.
More search results
Manager, Intensive Care and Post Anesthetic Recov…
Nurse Practitioner - full time/permanent
North Peel Family Health Team
Clinical Nurse Specialist – Sexual Health Clinics
The Regional Municipality of York
REGISTERED NURSE (R.N.) - Casual P/T
Hillel Lodge - Ottawa Jewish Home for the Aged
Full-time/Part-time Nurse - Exceptional Opportuni…
Peak Health Ontario