You can be you while being a part of our family.
At Schlegel Villages we are redefining elder care through innovation, village design and culture change, but we know the key to our village success, and our residents’ satisfaction, is YOU and our teams.
We aspire to provide all members of our communities, including team members, with a life enriching experience. We are family owned and operated and we take our mission seriously: “to provide holistic health care in a home environment, located within an internal neighbourhood design that promotes a caring community with emphasis on optimal health and life purpose for each resident”.
We’d love to talk to you about what makes us different.
As our new Director of Nursing Care joining our Village of Glendale Crossing in London, ON, you will:
Support and embrace our resident-centred social culture and be proud to deliver the highest quality of clinical care to our residents. Our Directors of Nursing Care work as key members of our village leadership team to lead, empower and support our self-directed nursing and clinical team members to deliver resident-centered care that focusses on flexible living and quality of life.
Directors of Nursing Care at Schlegel Villages manage all aspects of HR for the clinical and nursing teams as well as directing clinical programs and managing the nursing budget. They liaise with the CCAC/LHINs, lead education programs, drive quality assurance initiatives and participates in village-wide committees and working groups.
Our Directors of Nursing Care partner and support our neighbourhood multidisciplinary teams to understand residents’ individual needs, provide clinical leadership and guidance to colleagues and advocate for residents to actively participate in decisions about their care.
Directors of Nursing Care at Schlegel Villages foster exemplary relationships with residents, their families and the Village team to deliver holistic care to our residents and provide specialized clinical services and expertise. They support clinical programs and quality of life initiatives and strive to continuously improve the quality of care services provided to our residents.
To be successful as our new Director of Clinical Care, you will:
- Hold a current registration as a Registered Nurses (RN) with the College of Nurses of Ontario
- Hold current Heart Save Level of CPR
- Hold a current AIS certification
- Have experience leading and directing department(s) in a healthcare setting as a Registered Nurse
- Be excited by our objectives, our Village philosophy and the family values that shape all aspects of life in a Schlegel Village
- Display a caring and respectful attitude toward our residents, families, and team members
- Understand the physical, mental, and emotional demands of the Director of Nursing Care role
It would be an asset if our new Director of Nursing Care has:
- A current RNAO/RPNAO membership
- Knowledge of relevant policies, procedures, legislation and regulations applicable to the long-term care sector, including the Long-Term Care Homes Act, 2007 and Health & Safety
- Experience in Geriatric nursing
How Schlegel Villages supports our Team Members:
- Ongoing training and personal growth opportunities
- Benefits and access to our Employee Family Assistance Programme
- Discounts at Village Services
- Team appreciation events
- Access to The Wilfred Schlegel Hope Fund
- Retirement Savings
Schlegel Villages is pleased to accommodate individual needs in accordance with the Accessibility of Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 (AODA), within our recruitment process. If you require accommodation at any time throughout the recruitment process, please speak with the hiring leader.
More search results
Manager, Intensive Care and Post Anesthetic Recov…
Nurse Practitioner - full time/permanent
North Peel Family Health Team
Clinical Nurse Specialist – Sexual Health Clinics
The Regional Municipality of York
REGISTERED NURSE (R.N.) - Casual P/T
Hillel Lodge - Ottawa Jewish Home for the Aged
Full-time/Part-time Nurse - Exceptional Opportuni…
Peak Health Ontario