Public Health Nurse
Public Health Nurse #23754
DEPARTMENT: Community and Health Services Department
BRANCH: Public Health Branch, Child and Family Health Division
PROGRAM AREA: Quality Assurance/CQI/Knowledge Translation
Salary: $41.52 to $48.66 per hour
LOCATION: 50 High Tech Road, Richmond Hill
STATUSa: Temporary Part-Time, Approx. 4 months
SCHEDULED WEEKLY HOURS: 28
This is an Addition to staff
O.N.A. Local 16 position
Reporting to the Supervisor, Child and Family Health Division, is responsible for working with a high degree of autonomy to prevent illness, promote and protect the health of individuals, families and the community throughout the life span, within the parameters outlined by the Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care, Ministry of Children and Youth Services, Health Protection and Promotion Act, Public Health Standards (OPHS) and Protocols and other relevant legislation; providing support through planning, developing, coordinating, implementing and monitoring a full range of activities which support Continuous Quality Improvement (CQI) operational effectiveness and efficiencies; tracking and analyzing trends and making appropriate recommendations that will positively impact operational effectiveness and program delivery.
· Provides health promotion and protection activities, including assessment, early detection and intervention, clinical services, educational strategies, disease surveillance and investigation, consultation and counselling, and harm reduction strategies, in order to enhance the well-being and prevent the occurrence of illness of individuals, families and communities or to return them to optimal health.
· Provides services and programs in a variety of settings including homes, workplaces, schools, childcare settings, organizations, institutional settings and clinics.
· Provides leadership in promoting community activation strategies in order to increase the community's knowledge of and ability to influence determinants of health.
· Participates in the development of public policy and social marketing strategies to advocate for and promote healthier communities.
· Collaborates with community partners in the development and delivery of health promotion and protection activities.
· Plans, implements and evaluates health promotion programs, services and strategies based on needs assessments and in compliance with legislative requirements.
· Reviews relevant literature and interprets data (demographic profiles, epidemiological trends, service gaps and consumer attitudes) in order to recommend implementation, monitoring and evaluation strategies.
· Utilizes evidence-based research to guide program development and practice.
· Participates in research initiatives that will inform practice to improve the health of individuals, groups or communities.
· Practices within the scope of the College of Nurses of Ontario, Professional Standards of Practice.
· Utilizes relevent knowledge, skills and judgement in providing assessment, early identification and health teaching to assist individuals in making informed decisions.
· Responds to inquiries and resolves concerns, as appropriate.
· Ensures that services provided meet Regional customer service standards.
· Successful completion of a Baccalaureate University Degree in nursing, including public health.
· Current Certificate of Registration as a Registered Nurse from the College of Nurses of Ontario.
· A valid CPR certificate.
· Satisfactory Police Criminal Background Check.
· Valid Ontario Class “G” driver’s licence and reliable vehicle for use on corporate business.
Please apply online by clicking here by April 18, 2019 at 4:30 p.m. We thank all candidates for their interest, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted via email.
More search results
Manager, Intensive Care and Post Anesthetic Recov…
Nurse Practitioner - full time/permanent
North Peel Family Health Team
Clinical Nurse Specialist – Sexual Health Clinics
The Regional Municipality of York
REGISTERED NURSE (R.N.) - Casual P/T
Hillel Lodge - Ottawa Jewish Home for the Aged
Full-time/Part-time Nurse - Exceptional Opportuni…
Peak Health Ontario