Registered Practical Nurse (RPN), Temporary Part-Time
You can be you while being a part of our family.
At Schlegel Villages we are redefining elder care through innovation, village design and culture change, but we know the key to our village success, and our residents’ satisfaction, is YOU and our teams.
We aspire to provide all members of our communities, including team members, with a life enriching experience. We are family owned and operated and we take our mission seriously: “to provide holistic health care in a home environment, located within an internal neighbourhood design that promotes a caring community with emphasis on optimal health and life purpose for each resident”.
We’d love to talk to you about what makes us different.
Shift details for our new Registered Practical Nurse (RPN):
We have a number of Part-Time days and evening shifts available.
As a new Registered Practical Nurse (RPN) joining our village, you will:
Support and embrace our resident-centred social culture and be proud to deliver the highest quality of personal care to our residents. You will work as key members of our village and neighbourhood multidisciplinary teams to understand residents’ individual needs, and advocate for residents to actively participate in decisions about their care.
Registered Practical Nurses (RPN) at Schlegel Villages foster exemplary relationships with residents, their families and the Village team to deliver holistic care to our residents and to provide safe administration of medication and treatments with a focus on accuracy, quality and meeting our residents’ quality of life requests.
Our Registered Practical Nurses (RPN) follow plans of care (or service plans) in accordance with the standards of the College of Nurses and are quickly able to identify and report any changes in the resident’s wellbeing to the Charge Nurse and Village leadership team.
To be successful as our new Registered Practical Nurse (RPN), you will:
- Hold a current registration as a Registered Practical Nurses (RPN) with the College of Nurses of Ontario
- Holds current Heart Save Level of CPR
- Current AIS certification
- Be excited by our objectives, our Village philosophy and the family values that shape all aspects of life in a Schlegel Village
- Display a caring and respectful attitude toward our residents, families, and team members
- Understand the physical, mental, and emotional demands of the RPN role
It would be an asset if our new Registered Practical Nurse (RPN) has:
- A current RPNAO membership
- MDS credentials (Optional dependant on Village size)
- Knowledge of relevant policies, procedures, legislation, regulations and best practices applicable to the retirement and long-term care sector (e.g. RAI processes and CIHI, supplies, equipment ordering, etc.)
How Schlegel Villages supports our Team Members:
- Ongoing training and personal growth opportunities
- Benefits and access to our Employee Family Assistance Programme
- Discounts at Village Services
- Team appreciation events
- Access to The Wilfred Schlegel Hope Fund
- Retirement Savings
Schlegel Villages is pleased to accommodate individual needs in accordance with the Accessibility of Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 (AODA), within our recruitment process. If you require accommodation at any time throughout the recruitment process, please speak with the hiring leader.
More search results
Manager, Intensive Care and Post Anesthetic Recov…
Nurse Practitioner - full time/permanent
North Peel Family Health Team
Clinical Nurse Specialist – Sexual Health Clinics
The Regional Municipality of York
REGISTERED NURSE (R.N.) - Casual P/T
Hillel Lodge - Ottawa Jewish Home for the Aged
Full-time/Part-time Nurse - Exceptional Opportuni…
Peak Health Ontario