Rapids Family Health Team is seeking an enthusiastic Nurse Practitioner who is both self-motivated and enjoys working collaboratively with other health care professionals to manage the needs of patients.
This is a mobile position; travel may be required between Rapids Family Health Team sites as well as throughout the community based on client, community needs and business requirements.
The Nurse Practitioner is a self-regulated profession governed through the College. A NP is responsible for practicing in accordance with the standards of the profession, and for keeping current and competent throughout his/her nursing career (College of Nurses of Ontario, 2009).
- Perform independent and comprehensive individual patient health or symptom directed assessment
- Identify and provide appropriate treatment and/or referral for patient's physical and psychosocial health care problems
- Formulate and communicate medical diagnoses
- Maintain complete, accurate, legible and timely patient records using the accepted standard for documentation
- Participate in the development, planning and evaluation of treatment, education counselling and health promotion programs and activities
- Coordinate appropriate diagnostic tests and procedures as per RN(EC) scope of practice. Determine the need for and order screening and diagnostic laboratory tests and interpret the results. Determine the need for, and order and interpret reports of X-rays, ECGs and other diagnostic imaging
- Consult with physician in accordance with the standards for consultation with physicians and /or refer the patient to another health care professional
- Share results of assessment and intervention with referring physicians and facilitate referrals to other service providers
- Exercise reasonable care and caution in protecting confidential and sensitive information related to clients
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing with a Primary Health Care Nurse Practitioner Program Certificate
- Current valid registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario as a Registered Nurse Extended Class RN(EC) and evidence of professional liability insurance required
- No restrictions on license (ie: can prescribe narcotics according to relevant legislation)
- Experience with mental health and addictions
- Effective organizational skills, time management skills, interpersonal skills, problem solving skills and communication skills (both written and oral)
Competitive salary, benefits and HOOPP pension. This is an ONA Union position; compensation is governed as per the current Collective Agreement.