Michael Garron Hospital (MGH) is an award-winning hospital and one of Toronto's best-kept secrets. As Ontario’s leading community teaching hospital, MGH has proudly served the diverse, multi-cultural community of east Toronto since 1929 and is known for its friendliness and sense of community within Canada's largest city. Recognized as a leader in workplace wellness and offering a quality work environment focused on learning and development, MGH invests in people to meet their professional goals and to reach their personal best.
Currently we have an exciting opportunity for an individual who wants to advance their career as a
Nurse Practitioner, Withdrawal Management Centre (Full-Time)
The Nurse Practitioner in Withdrawal Management Services (NP WMS) has advanced clinical preparation at the graduate level in nursing with current RN Extended Class status and extensive clinical and leadership experience with change management to enhance quality care. The NP WMS is based in the non-medical WMS system, providing care at selected sites and change leadership expertise for all WMS programs operated by UHN, SMH, SJHC, and MGH. In addition to using expert knowledge in the delivery of care to patients, families and groups living with addictions, substance use or concurrent disorders, the NP role at WMS provides leadership for the development of system practices to enhance quality care. Clinical consultations will include assessments, provision of primary care, transfers to Emergency Departments, and referrals to other services - such as RAAM clinics to enhance continuity of care. The role will involve clinical collaboration with physicians and other health care providers, as well as system leaders regarding changes to enhance quality of care. The NP WMS will also oversee the Urban Telemedicine Initiative, promoting the effective use of this technology to enhance care through timely consults with the NPs as required.
This role will also serve as a lead and primary contact and consultant for TCLHIN system changes. The NP WMS will collaborate with hospital and WM center clinicians, as well as other community partners in process and care redesign as required, and represent WM at TCLHIN level committees.
- Registered Nurse with the College of Nurses of Ontario in good standing (extended class).
- Completion of a Master’s Degree program in Nursing required.
- Completion of a Nurse Practitioner (Adult) program required.
- Completion of CNO-approved controlled substances course/program required.
- Eligible for cross-appointment to an academic institution (preferred).
- CNA Specialty certificate in mental health an asset.
- Current BCLS certificate required.
- Member of CNPS in good standing, required.
- Membership in RNAO/NPAO, an asset.
- Minimum 5 years of clinical experience relevant to addiction services.
- Demonstrated experience in shaping, leading and managing system change with multiple stakeholders.
- Demonstrated in-depth expertise regarding clinical assessment and primary care needs of persons living with substance use, mental health diagnoses and disadvantaged populations, including homeless.
- Evidence of sound knowledge and skill with adult education techniques.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a self-directed manner using well developed leadership, critical thinking, organizational and problem solving skills.
- Demonstrated sound interpersonal, team development and conflict management skills and evidence of successful collaboration across agency boundaries.
- Sound information technology and computer skills required (Microsoft office and electronic patient record), experience with developing data bases.
- Flexibility to work occasional shifts and weekends to support operational need.
- Excellent work and attendance record required.
- All employees of Michael Garron Hospital (MGH), a division of Toronto East Health Network (TEHN) [formerly Toronto East General Hospital (TEGH)] agree to work within the legislated practices of the Occupational Health and Safety Act of Ontario.
- All employees of MGH are responsible to contribute to a transparent culture of patient and staff safety by adhering to and abiding by patient and staff safety policies and procedures set by MGH.
- All employees are accountable for protecting the psychological health and safety of themselves and their co-workers through adherence to MGH's policies and practices.
If you are ready to join MGH, please email your resume & application form indicating “WMC1902 – Nurse Practitioner” in the subject line to: email@example.com
Michael Garron Hospital fosters an inclusive and diverse work environment. We are committed to providing accommodations for applicants upon request at any stage of the recruitment process. Should you require an accommodation, please let us know how we can work with you to meet your needs.
Our diverse staff is our most valued resource.
Compassion, Integrity, Courage and Accountability are the values that set Michael Garron Hospital apart
More search results
Manager, Intensive Care and Post Anesthetic Recov…
Nurse Practitioner - full time/permanent
North Peel Family Health Team
Clinical Nurse Specialist – Sexual Health Clinics
The Regional Municipality of York
REGISTERED NURSE (R.N.) - Casual P/T
Hillel Lodge - Ottawa Jewish Home for the Aged
Full-time/Part-time Nurse - Exceptional Opportuni…
Peak Health Ontario