Clinical Nurse Educator - Operating Room, Operatice Procedure Room, Endoscopy, Cystoscopy
Clinical Nurse Educator
Operating Room, Operative Procedure Room, Endoscopy, Cystoscopy
Scale Minimum Maximum
ONA03 $33.96/hr $48.38/hr
- As part of the Nursing Professional Practice Department, working with the Perioperative Surgical Program, the purpose of the Clinical Nurse Educator is to identify the need for, develop, implement and evaluate education programs and learning experiences/activities to assist staff to acquire and maintain the knowledge, skills and judgment for safe performance in the delivery of high quality patient and family centred care.
- The Clinical Nurse Educator improves patient care by enabling the nurse to work to the fullest scope of their role by advancing standards of care, fostering and evaluating clinical competence and professional practice.
- The Clinical Nurse Educator works collaboratively with the QCH interprofessional team to enhance patient care by facilitating educational activities and fostering a culture of continuous performance improvement.
- Demonstrate QCH values: accountability, innovation, respect
- Baccalaureate in Nursing
- Certificate of Registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario (CNO)
- Demonstrated effective interpersonal, communication and teaching skills
- Proven facilitation, collaboration and leadership skills
- Minimum of 5 years of recent clinical experience in Perioperative Surgery
- Demonstrated computer competency
- Registered Nurses Association of Ontario (RNAO) Membership
- Masters in Nursing or Education (or other health related program)
- Minimum of 2 years teaching experience
- Minimum of 2 years recent clinical experience in Perianesthesia Care
- Experience with clinical documentation in an Electronic Health Record
- Leadership, Facilitation and Conflict Resolution Courses
- Canadian Nurses Association (CNA) Certificate in Perioperative Nursing Canada, CPN(C) and/or Perianesthesia Nurse Certified, PANC(C)
- Membership in Specialty related Professional Associations (eg. OPANA, ORNAC, ORORNA, NAPAN)
Please forward your résumé by to:
For more information, visit our website: www.qch.on.ca
Thank you for your interest in the Queensway Carleton Hospital. We are committed to providing an environment which is respectful to all. If you have a disability which requires an accommodation during any stage of our recruitment process, please let us know how we can assist you.